CR3 File Support

Comments

12 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Matt, 

Our developers are working around the clock to implement the support of .CR3 file format. There are some technical difficulties, but we are investigating the best way to overcome them. 

Once .CR3 file format is supported, we'll let you know.

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your .CR3 RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Comment actions Permalink
    Matt Whitby

Working round the clock for ten months??!?  You need to get better developers because other products implemented CR3 support pretty much as soon as it came out.  I guess your talent pool is lacking.

Timothy Hulme

Frankly I have to agree with Matt. There is no reason Luminar and it's competitor ON1 Photo Raw should not have CR3 support by now. Too many other editors and utilities have it. ON1 is set to realize 2019.5 still without CR3 support. Shameful is all I have to say. 

Brian Zimmy

I understand there will always be a game of cat and mouse with software keeping up with current technologies. I think your software is fantastic but I just got an email about how I should invest in your new stuff while we've been waiting for a year for this fix. It's hard to understand why you'd prioritize new software while neglecting the one that literally has "2019" in the name yet doesn't support CR3 files. That neglect strikes me as disrespectful to a professional's time and money.

Matt Whitby

The only thing that might stop them cutting and pasting the same response month after month after month is to all post negative reviews about their software which is no longer fit for purpose.

Brian Zimmy

I totally get your frustration but bringing down their business isn't the answer. Supporting them with future purchases though... questionable at best.

Matt Whitby

If they continue not to care about customers then they're bringing down their own business.  I'm merely helping it along.

john van Rijn

Hi, I bought Luminar3 already 8 mounths ago together with my Canon Eos R, I'am also still waiting. I agree it takes for to much time.

A waiste of my money

Matt Whitby

Yes.  It's both a lack of interest in their customers - as shown by their identical cut/paste responses, and hiring bad developers - as shown by so many other companies easily implementing CR3 into their products.

Anna Veres

Hi Everyone, 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We will do our best to implement the CR3 as soon as possible. 

Matt Whitby

I think we can see from Anna's insipid response that Skylum cares zero for its customers.  Luckily there are alternatives from much better companies.

Chris Mockett

the same goes for Xt3 raw file always get the same response waiting months now waste off money

Please sign in to leave a comment.