'Don't import suspected duplicates' option

Answered

Comments

11 comments

• Official comment
    Margaret Bright

Hi everyone!

Please note that implementing this feature is not one of our top priorities at the moment. We are now mainly focused on improving our AI features.

We do pass your feedback to our developers for consideration. But unfortunately, we cannot provide you with ETA at this time.

Comment actions Permalink
    David Ko

I second this request. I’m surprised this feature was not implemented on day one, instead forcing users to use alternatives.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Noah,

Thank you for your feedback! I will share your suggestion with our developers for their consideration.

Lisa Stone

I too would like an option to avoid duplicates.  It is crucial if on a trip and wanting to avoid reformatting a card until back to make sure all images are safe.

Sebastian Hildebrandt

I really would like to see this option too. Please give us an Idea when this would be available in Luminar. Thank you in advance.

Michael Muni

why this is not an option boggles my mind...

its like you guys are working on building a home for mars but not first making the rocket ship to get there. The features this program offers are truly amazing but the most basic things seem to be overlooked.

Michael Muni

Angela please post an update on here with feedback as to if they are working on this. All we seem to get is responses saying the info will be passed on to developers for consideration. This should be one of the top things on your list.

This is the main reason I hardly ever used Luminar3 and now we have Luminar4 and this basic feature is still missing.

Bill Kyle

What image editing and cataloging software offers this capability already? I know Apple Photos does this to some extent. Others?

Lisa Stone

Let’s see... Lightroom, Capture One, Photos, the now several years obsolete Aperture.  Essentially every other competitor.  This is why I am thinking they are not really trying to develop a DAM.  Rather, trying to develop a plug in for other competitors. They originally suggested they would be a replacement for Aperture.  No where close at this point.  I was optimistic at first, but increasingly disillusioned.  Losing another customer!

Sebastian Hildebrandt

This would be so easy to implement! I really don’t understand how you could release the photo management module without this key functionality! Please give an update on your plans to implement this feature.

Michael Muni

Please up-vote this thread if you have not already!

I dropped Lightroom for Luminar and this feature alone has made that decision extremely painful.

Post is closed for comments.