After three emails and three different sets of instruction from support, this last set seemed to work. At least I can edit a picture in Flex called directly from Photos.
From Skylum Support:
Thanks for getting back to me.
We have changed the instruction a bit and tested it on our end. It has helped in our case.
Please follow the steps below:
- Remove Luminar Flex with AppCleaner: http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner.
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities.
- Launch Terminal.
- Paste defaults delete com.macphun.luminarflex in the Terminal window and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Paste defaults delete com.macphun.luminarflex.photoextension in the Terminal window and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Close Terminal and restart your Mac.
- Download Luminar Flex here: https://luminarflex.s3.amazonaws.com/mac/LuminarFlex_Distribution_v1_0_0_5661.zip
- Double-click the zip folder to extract Luminar.
- Copy the extracted file to your Applications directory.
- Launch Luminar, activate it if necessary, and open any image in it.
- Navigate to System Preferences > Extensions and see if Luminar is displayed in the list for Photos Editing. Enable it if needed.
In case Luminar isn't in the list when you're on Step 10, no worries: restart your computer one more time and make sure that Reopen windows when logging back in is unchecked.
Launch Luminar, open any image in it, and navigate to System Preferences > Extensions one more time, Luminar Flex should be on the list now.
Let us know if this helps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.