Using Snapheal as Luminar Plugin

Comments

13 comments

Lynne Pariseau

which luminar are you talking about?  in Luminar 2018, I can see all the older Macphun CK plugins. but in Luminar 3, I don't even see an option to see any plugins at all -  I'm attempting to add both screenshots.

Comment actions Permalink
    John West

Hi Christopher

Plugins are still available in L3 at the moment. You will have to read blog to see how.

Lynne Pariseau

John West - which blog are you referring to? can you please give me the url?  in L3, I can get several of the older plugins to show up (I put a screenshot above) but not the Macphun CK ones like Snapheal CK and Noiseless CK.

thanks

John West

Hi Lynne

I cannot remember where I saw the URL but it was somewhere on the Luminar Blog. It was a reply that Angela Andrieux provided for someone else who could not make their CK plug-ins work [not sure when it was (L 2018 or L3)]. From memory you had to search for the 'plugin.plugin' file then copy and paste the file in [I think] 'User/UserName/Containers/Com.macphun'/etc.

Perhaps a search for 'CK' or 'CK not working' may bring up the result. I remember having to delete the files after activating them and restart the process again [the last plug-in added goes to the top, hence I added them in the reverse order so that the ones I use most were at the top and showing in the list]

I do believe that with the next update of L3 all the plug-ins will not work [they will only work in Flex]

Hope this helps 

Lynne Pariseau

thanks, John

Lynne

Christopher Laskowski

Thanks to all.  I will have to search through the blog to find this...  I am just a little upset that one may have to do a copy/paste of application files to get this to work.  

The little things like this (not having Skylum's own plugins work with Luminar), the cataloging (and lack thereof), the very slow exporting of photos, the constant crashes with the latest update are some of the personal reasons why I cannot make the full jump from Lightroom to Luminar yet.  

As it is now - I will continue to use my old LR6 (which is slowly being turned to obsolescence) as my main cataloging app and use Luminar and its CK products as plugins.

John West

Hi Christopher & Lynne

Had some time on my hands so decided to play around with L Flex. Thought it may be fun to see if I could use the CK plugins and yes they work [great little programmes especially noiseless]. This is how I did it.

Originally I created a folder for Plugins [I named it 'Plugins L3'], I placed this folder in a safe place that is easily accessible and won't be deleted, [in my case I put in my Documents Folder]. I then found the Plugins for Intensify, Tonality, Focus, Noiseless and Snapheal and copied them to this folder.

Next open the application that you want [FLEX] and the top toolbar navigate to 'Plugins > Other > Open plugin then look in the 'Documents/Plugins L3 Folder' and select the Plugin you want to open. Do this for each CK you want to use (remember as you add them they are placed at the top of the list)

Hope this works for you. Below is a screen shot showing after I added them just now. Cheers

Christopher Laskowski

John - tried your advice - could not find the plugins - so I downloaded and reinstalled the CK apps - all 3 failed to find PS Elements.  All three loaded the LR plugins -- but I can't find these plugins.  I will look for them later.

Bottom line - I should not have to workaround to get a Skylum product to work with a Skylum product.

Also - tried the Flex (I was using Luminar 3) - It is considerably quicker than Lum3 with the same functionality.  I would guess that the cataloging is a possible major bottleneck in the workings of Lum3.

I haven't given up yet - I have a viable workaround

LR-6 for my cataloging and the using of LumFlex and the CK products as plugins in LR.  This will eventually go away as well since Adobe no longer supports the standalone LR product.

With all of this mess - I am tempted to go back to film...

Christopher Laskowski

Found the plugins - followed the directions - didn't work..  I give up

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Everyone, 

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a better way.

Lynne Pariseau

John West, thanks for the suggestion -- I agree with you on Noiseless CK - it is vastly superior to any of the denoise options in the other program.  I will  try your suggestion to copy and move the CK plugins but I'm also going to contact support as Anna Veres suggested to see if there's an easier work around than duplicating, copying and pasting each one.   thanks again.

Lynne

Terry Luckings

I know this is an old post, but I was also hoping that CK could be used as a plugin for Flex. Initially I could not find the plugin files as, what a surprise, they are not in the Plugins folder. However after a little digging around I have found the necessary plugins and have now installed them in Flex, and just on the first try of each they all appear to launch the appropriate CK function.

How to find the plugins; Applications>Creative  Kit 2016> This gives you all 6 options within CK. Select the one you want and CTRL click your choice. Select 'Show Package Contents', from here Contents>Resources. 

For Tonality, scroll down the list (over 1000 files) until you find TonalityPlugin.plugin (depending upon which item of CK you have chosen depends where it is in the list, but they are in alphabetical order and relevant to the one selected). Copy this file and paste to the 'desktop'. I created a folder on the desktop to hold all 6 plugins. I know it's a pain to have to copy these as it should just work as you've all said before but at least we can now get CK to work with Flex.

Once you open up Flex, select 'Plugins' from the menu bar, then Other>Open plugin... and select the relevant file that you copied to the desktop, and the appropriate CK function will open.

I do not know if this will work with Luminar 3 or not, I've not been brave enough to try for fear of wrecking the library.

Lynne Pariseau

thanks, Terry - and John West too -- all of mine are working in Flex --- not let's hope they don't get rid of Flex when they upgrade to Luminar 4!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.