3.1 works for me!

Comments

5 comments

Erwin Kargl

Same here, but still looking forward to future developments. The DAM needs search and edit functions of the meta-data.

Comment actions Permalink
    Donald Wyllie

Could Greg and Erwin tell us a little more as to how they achieve 7 seconds? Do you work for Skylum, for example? What size catalogue, how many sub folders, etc. Also, what sort of computer and are both using Windows. As I said elsewhere my catalogue is 680Gb with many subfolders and Luminar starts in 28 seconds.

It will be useful to know how you achieve these times given the current level of frustration with slow operation. E.g. does one need a super fast computer for Windows. Or maybe you have a catalogue consisting of one Folder with 10 images. Hope not!

If you can tell us how you achieve these times it would reduce the number of complaints to Skylum!

Donald

Anna V

Hi Guys,

We will do our best to improve the performance of the app with every update we release. 

@Donald, 

The performance of the app depends on the number of images in your Catalog and on their location(internal/external HD).

Please try to divide your pictures into a few smaller catalogs via File > Catalog > New and check how it works for you.

Greg Wallis

Don't work for Skylum! Was very critical of the original (clearly a beta) release, now becoming impressed, particularly with the AI2.

My PC?

5 yrs old
    i7
    64GB RAM
    8GB AMD Firepro Video card
    3xSSDs
    Windows 10

No more than 10K images in a catalogue, as I cull ruthlessly and archive often.

Hope that helps.

Erwin Kargl

Ha ha ha ... I am not working for skylum :-) I am still very critical, but I believe in Luminar 3 WITH DAM feature. I still have Lightroom aktive, till october, but nearly use it anymore.

My config:

bought the pc about 5 or 6 years ago. Not on the list are the 16 GB Ram installed.

My L3 Database is located on a 128 GB SSD Drive, my images are on an internal 4 TB HDD. In the L3 Database I have 474 GB of Images, which means 30076 files.

My experiance is, that it is usefull to let run L3 in the background, to finish all tasks. So with every usage it get´s smoother to work .... BUT

@Skylum: it still needs speed improvements.

Erwin

Please sign in to leave a comment.