Luminar Flex as a Plugin for Affinity Photo

Comments

8 comments

Sébastien ESTRADE

WOW, best post ever !!!

Thank you for the info. it's working great.

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Roy! Thanks for sharing this method. It will be useful for many users :)

Richard Harrington

Just a general heads up.  We've not TESTED this workflow in depth yet, so we do not promise that it will work or provide tech support for it.  With that said, many applications besides photoshop can use PSD plugins and I am glad that this is helping your workflow.

John Marshall

This works for me if I am sending a jpg to Flex from AP. But it doesn't work for me with a RAW file. The Luminar plugins are grayed out in the AP Filters > Plugins menu. Any ideas?

Roy Blackwell

@John Marshall: I tested this with a DNG file in both the current and beta version of Affinity Photo. Works OK for me. Is the RAW file format you are using supported by Flex?

John Marshall

@Roy Blackwell: The RAW file from one of my cameras is supported. I have another camera that is so new the RAW file is not yet supported but I convert that RAW file to a DNG file which is supported. In neither case is the Flex plugin working for me from AP. In both cases the Flex plugin is grayed out in AP. As of now LF only works from AP when using a JPG file.

Thanks,

John

Aleksandar Egic

With Affinity photo 1.7.2 Flex, Luminar and aurora work again.

Roy Blackwell

@Aleksandar Thanks for that info. Using Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, I just tested it with Luminar 3, Luminar Flex and Aurora 2019 and indeed it is working again.

Please sign in to leave a comment.