Luminar 3.1.0: Accent AI 2.0 + More Usability & Stability

Comments

70 comments

Kirk Osborn

We are constantly improving our apps and getting positive feedback from our customers.

We'll make sure our apps only get better.

Comment actions Permalink
    Didier DUPRAT

When is next update ? Will it resolve performance issue ?

Colin Grant

That is a good question. What Skylum seem unable to buy into is the fact that their apps should work (at least to a reasonable degree) from the start and that bug fixes should come out quickly. I am afraid Kirk Osborn is probably just quoting from the Skylum crib sheet!

Anastasia Davis

Yes, we will target the performance issues in the next update. Nevertheless, we don't have ETA yet.

Vladimir Zhivolkovskiy

"More Usability & Stability" - are you sure?

I would say - less stability & less performance.

Please advice where I can find the previous version to rolling back.

Helena Carter

Hi Vladimir,

I'm sorry to hear that Luminar 3 doesn't work for you. Please, contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll gladly help you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Robi Gallardo

So far so good. There's lots to like and the Accent AI 2.0 is a big improvement.

I  like that I can view RAW+ files side by side (JPG and RAW versions), but I would also like to be able to see RAW+ files as a single image and toggle between JPG and RAW versions-- like in the Apple Photos app. It's less visual clutter for me when sorting through a ton of photos.

One feature request: Aurora has a manual mode for fixing CA and fringing, I'd like to see this option in Luminar (and vice versa: auto CA and fringing fix in Aurora), as sometimes the auto mode doesn't quite cut it.

Thanks again!

Anastasia Davis

Hi Robi! Thanks for your suggestions. We will consider them for the next updates.

Nadarajah Thirugnanasothy

In my opinion Windows version is far behind Mac version.

Skylum should (1)make a table to show the difference between Mac and Windows version (2) produce a bug report and make it available for us to see.

It looks like some people blame Windows. We used to have problem with earlier version of Windows. I did not have any problem with Windows 10 for the last four years.

"

Monte, I was hoping that we would not bring a PC vs Mac debate here :) I do own a Mac now and I can tell you that PC being always infected, having updates or having BSOD issues is a myth. Both platforms can be equally solid or equally bad, depending on hardware issues. Those days of Windows being a crappy OS have been long gone, pretty much since Windows ME (millennium edition).

I cannot tell you how frustrated I have been running After Effects and Premiere Pro on my brand spanking new iMac. So many unexpected crashes and issues…Crappy software runs badly on any platform!"  Nasim Mansurov https://photographylife.com/the-ultimate-pc-build-for-photography-needs/7

Anastasia Davis

Hi Nadarajah! thanks for all your comments on this. We are doing our best to bring equal functionality on both platforms. There might be only minor differences which can be implemented due to restrictions of a certain system. 
    As for a bug report list, we might consider it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Please sign in to leave a comment.