I've tried to stay with it... but lost another 2 hours of edits

Comments

6 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Mick,

According to our tech team, there were a lot of fixes meant to target the issues with losing edits - these fixes were added to 3.1.0. Therefore, we kindly invite you to give it a try once it becomes available to you (That should happen within a week). 

If you experience any issues, please, do not hesitate to contact us via https://skylum.com/support , and we will be glad to look into it. 

As for your question regarding Flex:

Yes - in one of the future major updates of Luminar Flex, it's planned to remove the standalone functionality as well as the option to save the project files, but, at the moment, I do not have a precise ETA. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Mick Tomlinson

Thanks Kate. I will give 3.1 a chance, but have to say that I'm not holding my breath, given previous promises.

Re the future plans to stop saving project files.... where's the logic of that? Essentially that forces people to have to use Lum 3 if they want to keep saved changes, and I, along with many others don't currently have much faith that the database will ever be as reliable as needed to trust with hours of work.

Kirk Osborn

We’ll add the ability to save project files in Luminar 3 later. Luminar Flex will be re-designed to work only as a plugin.

Anders Svensson

We've been hearing that Luminar 3 would restore the ability to save projects for almost four months now. Releasing it with Flex and then removing it yet again is fairly incomprehensible.

Jayne Hill

My first day with Luminar - is it going to be my last?

I 'cleared the decks' today so I could focus on a new program, concentrate and get to grips with new software.  I've already spent countless hours watching the how-to videos which made Luminar 3.1 look like it was going to solve all my Lightroom woes.  It's not looking good . . .

My archive of 90,000 images just about broke Luminar when it started, have the seemingly common and major issue with Magic Mouse leaping all over the place, now see that half an hour's worth of edits completely disappearing is not "just me".  

Any advice please?

Mick Tomlinson

Hi Jayne, one of the first suggestions from the skylum support was to quit the program, change the name of the catalogue, then restart the program... when it can't find the catalogue, re-point it to the new named one (& wait for it to update......). That did work for me one time I lost edits, but beyond that I would send a report to the support team. Hope it works for you.... (If not, I'm liking ON1, especially the DAM).

Please sign in to leave a comment.