Unacceptably slow.

Comments

7 comments

Seth Cohen

I just downloaded a trial version to explore this as a Lightroom alternative - love the features (e.g. AI, etc.) but I'm on a fast computer and it takes a long time to fully "load" each image when I click on it.  Is this normal or is this just a trial version issue?   (FYI I'm loading DNG images since the software does not yet support Canon EOS RP CR3 files.)

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Angstmann

I am having very similar speed issues. I am running on an i7 with 16GB RAM and all my images are on a fast NVME SSD. My Library is just a handful of images, no more than 30. I am using the full paid up version of the software and have updated to 3.10, and the speed problem persists. We are talking a good 4-5 seconds after clicking a thumbnail before I can start editing it. This can not be right, surely...?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Miguel, Seth, and Richard - Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate the issue.

Kai Chinn

Has this issue been resolved between all three of you guys and what was the solution to each of your issues please?

Still using 2018 and want to know how the problem is being solved?

Miguel Osvaldo

my solution was uninstalling it and going back to Lr.

Richard Angstmann

I'm afraid not. As others have said on other threads, it appears that CPU and RAM usage while running Lumiinar 3 is absolute huge whilst GPU hardly gets touched at all. Sounds like something that needs a software update/rewrite to me. I will use it for editing JPEGs for now, which works very well, and hope that future updates turn it into something capable of editing RAW files.

Kai Chinn

Thanks Richard, that's unacceptable for professional photographers who rely on the software to edit RAW files (as I do) because if it cannot run efficiently then no one will purchase or use the product...

At least Adobe is working somewhat ok with all my work i have, if i purchase this version 3 i would be in a very bad position right now that's for sure.

Please sign in to leave a comment.