Ummm, not sure if anyone cares but the competitor is releasing a giant update

Comments

6 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tim,

We have a pretty big update coming soon as well. :-) We hope you'll give it a chance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Tim Gillespie

I will!

I do not care who wins. But someone will.

And soon!

Show us your programming prowess and not worthless updates and extensions to meaningless purchases.

Show us you guys are not going to be left behind in this race for market share. Which so far, you are!

So far your code base is pathetic. And you announced to the world you knew this before the update by your generous extensions.

No names attached to files? WTF. 3.02 too! When does that feature show up? Too hard?

Don't worry about responding to me, although I am more than happy for the conversation as a cash paying customer.

Make sure you understand this. The market will decide your future and if your next update does not drastically improve this pathetic situation, then the general population of users will quickly switch away from you and we will not even remember until someone goes down "Memory Lane" to show the long trail of broken promises.

You're brave to respond to this thread, and I applaud you for that.

Now let's see if you guys can actually code.

Kate Williams

@Tim, we'll do our best to not disappoint you. Stay tuned for the new features and improvements.

Phil Hurd

I've just downloaded Version 3.1. I have to say that I have been a big supporter of Skylum & Luminar (and Aurora) for some time, this release may have some subtle changes to the filters but it still has some glaring issues. I'm not saying its unuseable but it certainly isn't anywhere near ready yet.

After install & catalogue backup, I closed Luminar 3 and re-launched. It is still painfully slow to launch, just over 2 minutes on a 32GB iMAC is not acceptable I'm afraid. It is quite irritating to have to 'flick' between Library View and Info View just to check a filename. Yes I know that I could put the image full screen but that's not the point. Why can't some basic metadata, including filename, be posted somewhere in the tile view. It seems to me as if the Library Module development is now on the back burner.

I haven't given the app a thorough going over but it doesn't seem any faster.

Tim Gillespie

I just upgraded and I will say it seems to be better. I certainly hope they get this worked out because I really like the developer. I think I could switch to it if everything works out,including file names. Can't believe that one.

Not going to give big approval yet, but it did stay up for more than 2 minutes this time and I could develop some images. That is a big improvement. This software is a long way from being reliable but I will continue to monitor it, in hopes things work out.

Quoting the words of Steve Jobs. Keep going. Do not settle.

Anastasia Davis

Hey Tim! Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate it.

Please sign in to leave a comment.