Comments

18 comments

Roy Blackwell

As usual, probably released in Australia, Austria, etc first. Wish we had a link to download, however perhaps not released yet. I read somewhere that 3.1 should be released by the end of the month.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi G & Roy - We have released a soft launch of Luminar 3.1. More info here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041569911-What-is-a-soft-launch-

Jack Larson

I tried to do the soft launch.  However, when I checked for updates, I got the the message that I was up to date.

G Mitchell

Something that probably should have been mentioned in the demo video on You Tube. I have to say the way this software has been rolled out since the beginning ,poor performance of the DAM and vague references of improvements and added features and scheduled dates for them has convinced me I bought beta ware. Aurora 2019 has performed well. Now we have Luminar Flex , Air Magic , Photo Lemur before they even have Luminar 3 performing as one would expect  🤔 Focus on quality instead of quantity of products.

Andy H

I have a soft launch copy here in Canada. Disappointingly it still takes too long to load with a catalog of 36,000 photos - although it is an improvement. Time from clicking on the icon to being able to access the edit module is about 40 seconds on my machine compared to less than 10 seconds for same number of photos in other editing software I have. I'm not all that convinced about the Accent AI Filter 2.0 either, with the photos I've tried I haven't seen much difference. I'd classify this update as a small step in the right direction, but much more work needs to be done to bring Luminar 3 to the standard of other all-in-one editors out there.

It is clear the Libraries module is still a problem, both from a performance and functionality perspective - that's a deal breaker for me. Luminar will remain a bit part player in my workflow i.e. I only use it for the sun-ray filter and I can use Luminar 2018 for that!

G Mitchell

Why am I not surprised by your findings Andy H 😔

John West

Hi All

Not in available in Australia yet, just checked 12:32 pm local time

Andy H

@ G Mitchell. Indeed, unfortunately Skylum have an established track record of over promising and under delivering :(

Kate Williams

@John, the update will gradually become available to all of our users. Thank you for your patience!

@Andy, thanks for sharing the feedback with us. Surely, we will not stop improving the performance of the app; however, a temporary suggestion may be to load the photos from your internal drive and split the entire gallery between several catalogs with a smaller number of photos. You will need to go to File->Catalog->New

Martial Fournier

Bonjour,

Quand est il prévu pour la france????

Cordialement

Didier DUPRAT

in the Windows version, will it be possible to open a photo in another tool: something like 'Open with ...' option that already exists in MAC version ?

Andy H

@Kate. Thanks, I’m aware of the workarounds, but that is pretty inconvenient. For the foreseeable future Luminar 3 is not a viable product for me and I’m using something else. I hope to see better progress in subsequent updates.

Kim Austin

I'm in Australia, and I have just downloaded and installed the update to 3.1  Too late to look at it now (almost 1am here) so I guess that "treat" will have to wait until the morning. Fingers crossed.

Kate Williams

@Didier, unfortunately, not at the moment. But that will be added in one of the upcoming updates, as we are working hard to bring both versions to parity. 

@Kim, hope you will enjoy it. 

Richard Harrington

Open in is not a round trip.  It just saves one Click.

No real difference from exporting a file and then opening it.

Yes, saving clicks is important, but it's not a huge feature.

Randy Samos

Wow. Updated to 3.1, and it's been working at it for about 40 minutes now. The Luminar 3 app shows up at the top of the process table with 25 minutes of processor time so far.

Also, it looks like it may have whacked the library -Luminar 3.0.2 showed 41k. While I'm waiting for 3.1 to open I noticed that it shows there are 30.5k images. Hmmm.

How much time are people seeing it take for applying the update? I don't want to nuke something killing the process or re-booting.

Has anyone noticed any actual repairs being installed along with the "feature updates"?

Randy Samos

Still doing something - 

501  4703     1   0  4:34PM ??        28:27.72 /Applications/Luminar 3.app/Contents/MacOS/Luminar 3

501  4705  4703   0  4:34PM ??         0:04.74 /Applications/Luminar 3.app/Contents/Frameworks/MPLumFramework.framework/Versions/A/Resources/TwinCursor.app/Contents/MacOS/TwinCursor

Randy Samos

Up and running finally - took > an hour.

All images showed up. Looks like some repairs have been done.

Please sign in to leave a comment.