Batch processing excess ram use and random crash

Comments

3 comments

Minh-Dang Bui-Nguyen

Update:

If you load 10 files at a time and wait, it seems to work alright. Suggestion for devs is to load files sequentially instead of all at once, or a better/less resource intensive file loading scheme. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Minh-Dang,

Please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so that we could investigate the issue. In your message, please, make sure to provide us with the link to this thread as well as your hardware specs: 

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file to your support request. 
    Minh-Dang Bui-Nguyen

The new update has made batch processing way more stable and useable in Luminar! Some few anomalies and oddities still exist after using luminar for more than an hour but this is acceptable. Thanks again guys!

In case anyone else was wondering what I currently am using in my rig, luminar is stable with the parts below. Updating my drivers and reinstalling OpenGL definitely helped.

AMD 1700x

RX 580 with 19.1.2 drivers

16 gb ddr4 clocked at 3200 mhz

Editing on a seperate drive from the OS.

Please sign in to leave a comment.