Noob: Mask individual images prior to multi image hdr import?

Comments

3 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Richard,

The only way to combine two pictures is by Adding New Image Layer, where you can crop, resize and blend the desired image with the background. 

Moreover, please, clarify which app you would like to use for the initial processing of the image, as Aurora HDR 2019 does not have the Erase tool functionality, therefore, you will not be able to remove the person from an image that way. 

If you have any questions or require further clarifications, please, do not hesitate to contact us at https://skylum.com/support

Please make sure to paste the link to this thread in your message. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard MacDonald

My question was about merging layers and "including" one section of one image while "excluding" sections of others. For example, a person moving through a series of images. Here you want to picture one "copy" of the person and remove the others.

While aurora does not have the ability to add include and exclude masks PER image prior to merging (has been a very useful feature to me in other apps), it DOES let you pick the "dominant" image of the collection. So if you make the dominant image the image that has the desired copy of the person, that will show up in the merged result. And the other copies of the person will be removed. 

I was able to use this "dominant image" feature to accomplish I needed. It did a very nice job.

michael mills

Here's something to try: When you select multiple images and bring them into Aurora, there is a set of options which you can select from, one of which is align images, check that off. Then click on the "gear" and there is another option for "Ghost" reduction. If you select the image that has the position of the person you want to keep as the reference image and also select "amount" equals "high" or "highest", Aurora should try to eliminate the ghosts of the person which were in a different position in the other images you imported.

Please sign in to leave a comment.