Luminar FLEX is here

Pinned

Comments

39 comments

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Duc, 

Thank you for your feedback.

We highly appreciated it. 

We will do our best to release the update for Aurora HDR 2019 soon. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Duc Vu Anh

Hi Anna,

You did say that Flex cannot be used as standalone app?? I do use Flex as a standalone app now, just like Luminar 2018. So please, in the future update, keep it as simple as of today. I am using Fastone Image for browsing images and activate Flex from Edit with external programs by pointing the shortcut to flex.exe file.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

I told that Luminar Flex is supposed to be used as a plugin. It was developed for this purpose. 

Roy Blackwell

@Anna Veres: The following was taken from a Skylum email introducing Luminar Flex: "Meet Luminar Flex — a new photo editing tool specially designed to work as a plugin, extension, and external editor." Not sure where all the erroneous information is coming from but Luminar Flex is an external image editor just like Luminar 2018. Flex could easier be called Luminar 2019 (Luminar 3 sans the digital asset manager).

Peter Michalica

Luminar Flex is great and provides new Looks like Professional, Analog and B&W Film. I copied them to the Luminar 3 Folder (Windows: AppData\Roaming\Luminar 3\Data\Looks\Extra\) and use them in Luminar 3 too. Works as expected, thank you, Skylum!

Helena Carter

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for your positive feedback, it means a lot for as.

Have a marvelous day!

Darryl Brooks

Thanks, Richard for the explanation. I have both and am currently using mostly ACDSee as a DAM and processor. I'm a little unclear as to how the roadmap affects this. I am using Flex as a round trip, but to get back, I have to Export Out, equivalent to a save as. To me, this is more the behavior of a stand-alone. 

Either way, I'm good and will use whichever one works. 

BTW, really enjoy your videos on Lynda. You are a clear and polished presenter. 

Valter Pix

Hello,

regarding:

• You’ll see no major functionality differences between Luminar 3 and the Luminar Flex plugin when it comes to editing images.

I see for instance the filter AI 2.0 missing in Luminar Flex 1.0.0. This is part Luminar 3.1.

Any plan to add it?

Kirk Osborn

The update for Luminar Flex will be released later this year.

Please sign in to leave a comment.