Calling luminar with a filename to be opened from the command line

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Christopher ,

Please, contact our support via https://skylum.com/support and provide as much info on the issue as possible. You can also make a screen recording, that might help.

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the contact form.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Christopher Erdal

Helena, I only have a question about command-line parameters when launching Luminar (2018 or 3):

Is there a special way to pass a filename to Luminar so that it will open it correctly?

Thanks for any indications on this,

Chris

Helena Carter

Sorry for the confusion.

I believe you can't open the image in Luminar 3 this way. 

Best regards

Christopher Erdal

I asked because it is clear Luminar picked up the filename I gave it since there is an error message showing the correct filename, but was then unable to decide what to do with it.

Could this be added as a feature, please?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Christopher,

I will certainly share your request with ur developers. Thank you for your feedback!

Simone Avogadro

+1 @Angela please up with my vote too!

BTW: do you have a public tracker (e.g. JIRA etc...) where we can publicly vote for bugs and features?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Simone,

We don't have a public tracker for feature requests (other than this forum). At the top in the initial post you can vote up or down on a given topic to let us know that it is important to you. Comments are also taken into consideration. 

Adam Wofford

100% agree, this should be a no-brainier for any windows program.

Michael Hentsch

I want my money back - and I am already warning everyone, wherever I can, to spend money on this program. I feel more than cheated.

If it were really not possible to open a photo file from a command line, then the Lightroom plugin would not work either. No - Skylum has set this up specially to prevent other image editing programs from using Luminar 4 as a plugin - junk.

Roy Blackwell

Saving this line of code as a bat file (i.e. test.bat) works:

start "" "C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\Luminar 4.exe" "C:\Users\Roy\Desktop\2020-01-17_115825.jpg"

If you swap "%~1" for "C:\Users\Roy\Desktop\2020-01-17_115825.jpg", then any image you drop on the test.bat desktop icon will launch Luminar 4 and load the image file.

David Quillman

i am looking to run Aurora HDR in batch via a command line script to merge brackets of all photos in a specific folder.  Is this possible?

Thanks

Please sign in to leave a comment.