Lens correction on Luminar 3

Comments

16 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Pierre! Please note that all the versions have Lens Tab only in Develop/ RAW Develop filter. Could you send us a screenshot where you can see Lens Correction in the drop-down menu?
    Best regards,

Comment actions Permalink
    pierre lion

Oh dear, should the customers know better what the app can do! The world upside down ;-)

So now, let's s hope your developer will reproduce this on L3, for me a nice to have feature!

Screenshot attached!

Regards

Kate Williams

@Pierre, thanks for the screenshot provided. 

Indeed, this feature (Image->Fix Lens Distortion) is missing in Luminar 3 while present in Flex. I will forward the suggestion to add it in Luminar 3 to our tech team. 

For now, you may access it in RAW Develop filter.

Deborah Coulthard

The RAW Develop filter isn't even coming up on the filter menu at all in my version of Luminar 3 - how can I access it to remove chromatic aberration?  I did a search in "all Filters" and it isn't there.  I upgraded to the latest version of Luminar 3.1.1 a few weeks ago.

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Mike Hanson

My cameras RAW output has severe vignetting on the photos which can be corrected by selected the lens correction. There is never a situation where I would not want to correct this. This can be very time consuming to have to select this option each time I open a new image. Is there a way to have this automatically applied like your competitor?

Helena Carter

Hi Mike,

The thing is that Luminar 3 uses a pure RAW converter. It shows more information than any other photo processors. These black angles shown on RAW photo appear due to the optic peculiarity of the lens structure. 

There are Lens and Perspective Correction tools in Luminar 3 in Raw Develop Filter, so you can fix your photo manually. The only reason you do not see this black angles in Photoshop or Lightroom is that of automatical Lens Correction.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Mike Hanson

Hi Helena,

Thank you for your quick response. Your team appears to address peoples issues quickly.

I understand why it happens and how to fix it, my issue is that I'm required to do this on every single raw image I open. It's a several click process. I know it may not seem like a big deal, but when going through many pictures, it can be quite tedious. It seems like having this lens correction option enabled by default, it would be much more beneficial for users and a very simple programming fix. Or at least give us the option to have it default enabled.

Again, I can't think of a single scenario where I would want to have my image uncorrected with distortion and vignetting.

Thanks

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your feedback on this. I'll be sure to share this with our developers as I can certainly see how setting a preference to have lens correction enabled would be quite helpful and time saving.

David Phelps

I completely agree with Mike, I can't think of a single scenario where I would want to have my image uncorrected with distortion.  Previous versions of Luminar did not have this issue.  Please allow auto-lens correction without having to manually click and select it for each image.  

(And please start supporting the Canon CR3 format, it's tedious to have to convert these to DNG to process in Luminar)

Thanks!

Mattias Turovski

Hey, stumbled on this thread because I was searching for info on whether fixing lens distortion is also possible for batch processing. I remember enabling it, then saving settings to my custom Luminar Looks, yet when the batch was done, none of the images had lens distortion fixed.

Terry Rogers

Hi Mattias! Lens correction is not available in batch processing in Luminar 3, however, if you use Aurora HDR 2019, you can turn on Chromatic Aberration Reduction for batch processing. Please send us an email to support@skylum.com if you need more help.

Mattias Turovski

I already figured out to bulk export from Library look using sync workspace. =) Thanks! But why doesn't lens distortion carry over in Batch, could you make it happen in a future update?

Terry Rogers

@Mattias Thank you for your suggestion! We will pass on your idea to our developers so it can be considered for one of our future releases.

Ed Anderson

Agree with people re Lens Correction and Chromatic Ab. need to do this on every photo. Are you suggesting we start with Aurora, convert RAW image to HDR, make lens correction, then return to Luminar? Surely NOT!

Kate Williams

Hi Ed,

Please try working with sync adjustment option. Here's how: 

1. Apply the necessary edits to one of the images. 

2. Right-click it and select Adjustments>Copy Adjustments. 

3. While holding CTRL (on Windows) or CMD (on Mac) button on your keyboard, multi-select the images which you would like to edit in the same way 

4. Right-click one of the selected images and choose Adjustments > Synch/ Paste Adjustments. 

You will be able to export several images by multi-selecting them > right-clicking one of them > choosing Export. 

You may check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1_gMWOpu5g  to see how easy it is. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.