Comments

9 comments

Terry Luckings

Bruno

At present there is no plugin support for AP. I have already raised this question on the forum and direct with Support. This is the answer I received to that point, "We will do our best to add the possibility to use Luminar Flex as a plugin to Affinity". Whilst nothing concrete they are aware of its need. 

Angela Andrieux did post a link to a .8bf plugin file but a number of us have tried to install it without success, Not much good to us Mac users but it does work in Windows!

Comment actions Permalink
    Kirk Osborn

Thanks for reaching out.

We don't support Affinity Photo, but you still may try installing Luminar Flex as a plugin:

Download the plugin from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfrhjnkjmnvmvvg/LuminarFlex.8bf?dl=0

You should get a file that has .8bf extension.

We don't guarantee that this is going to work, but we have our fingers crossed.

bruno Baudry

Thanks but unfortunately after some test it didn't work.

Anastasia Davis

Hey Bruno! I am sorry about that. There is a little we can do in this matter.
    We will consider developing this functionality in the future.

Bob Shrader

Here's my vote for you to modify the plugin so that Luminar Flex will work within Affinity Photo!

Thanks.

Jos Vromen

Another vote for Luminar Flex working with Affinity! That would really be a great combination. Hope this will happen soon.

Howard Lebowitz

Yes, please make this happen...right now the Luminar Flex 1.0 plugin does not work and causes Forced Quit in Affinity Photo.

Jos Vromen

Some thoughts . . . 

Affinity Photo works fine with NIK. So for now it will be Apple Photo with Flex  and /or NIK or Affinity Photo with NIK. And I do like to use Affinity. And Affinity works great with Apple Photo.

I always thought that many people use Luminar because, for whatever reason, the did not like Adobe. And Skylum makes Luminar to use with Adobe.

The best combination, for me, would be Affinity/Flex together with Apple Photo. If that's not possible it will be NIK (about the same price)

For now, when starting in Apple Photo I can choose all the options but it's and up and down from one program to another. And after using NIK for my kind of shots there is no much need for Flex.

I use my MacBook when travelling and I want as little as possible software on it ( we all need more space ).

For my Mac at home I don't care that much about space. But for travelling I would like to use 

1: Apple Photo as starting point and DAM

2: Affinity for RAW developing and some of my homemade macros

3: NIK from Affinity 

or

3A: Back to Apple Photo

3B: To Flex

3C: To Apple Photo

4: Affinity 

5: Back to Apple photo 

Just some thoughts but as Flex is intend to be use with other programs than Affinity should be one of them IMO

Regards

Jos

Helena Carter

Hi Jos,

Thanks so much for such a detailed feedback. I have passed it to the person in charge.

Please sign in to leave a comment.