Images aren't sharp when I open them in Luminar 3

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Richard Harrington

Simply apply sharpening in the Develop or Raw develop filter.  We don't apply a default sharpen like many other apps.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jessie Pamaran

"Simply"?  As in, for every photo that is on my computer, I would have to first edit by sharpening through your software?

Whereas if I open images in paint, Windows photos, picasa, etc. I don't have to do these things? This is what I paid $60 for??

I also got a different response from a member of the Skylum team via email, telling me to uninstall and reinstall graphic drivers, so which is it?

Donald Wyllie

Does Luminar, like Lightroom, give you a 'cut down 'version of the image to work with? In lightroom if I import and use basic Previews they look bad. This is because the raw images aren't touched so you see a copy. I haven't used Luminar much so I'm not really sure if the Previews are adjustable.

Incidentally, $60 is cheap when you compare it to Lightroom!

Maryna Skylum

Hi Donald,

In Luminar 3, thumbnails are not the actual photos. Previews are generated once you add folders to your Luminar 3 Library.

You can change how the thumbnails appear in your Library - from Small to Largest http://prntscr.com/nc9uki

Chris MacKinnon

Was there ever a fix for this? I purchased and installed the app yesterday and all my images were perfect last night. Today when I open an image, it is sharp and clear, and then three seconds later after the filters have loaded (none applied) the image appears to be blurry. I work with the RAW files, the JPEGs look normal on the default windows picture viewer. 

My laptop did update to Windows 1809 last night ... any correlation?

So for me, the thumbs are fine, when the image opens it is fine for 3 seconds, then it's slightly blurry.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Chris!

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please send us a screen recording of the issue. You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the reply to support@skylum.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Chris MacKinnon

Hey Anastasia

Thanks for getting back to me! I will take care of that on Wednesday, was a long day of photo taking in the Mountains today! Thanks very much. 

Chris

Chris MacKinnon

I lied, sent right aways :)

D. S.

@Great! :) Our support team will get back within the next 24 hours.

Linda Quinton

What was the result of this?  I find this issue with Luminar 4.  When I preview the images taken with my Nikon D500 in the free Windows preview program, the images are tac sharp with great colours.  When I open them in Luminar to edit, they aren't as sharp and the colours more muddy.

Somebody suggested I check the colour profile, or that Luminar has D500 as part of its profiles, something like that, but Luminar doesn't seem to have that ability.

Austin Miller

Hi Linda.

Please note that the picture you see in the Windows preview program is an embedded JPEG into the RAW picture. Luminar 4 opens the picture in a RAW format and amends the embedded JPEG.

Could you please send us the original file you are working with?

Here's how you can send us the file:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it to support@skylum.com

Please sign in to leave a comment.