Looking for Uninstallers for

Comments

7 comments

Terry Luckings

It's not usual to have an uninstaller for Mac apps. Normally you would just drag the app to the trash and it's removed (after you empty the trash). You can use an app, such as AppCleaner (free download), to do the work for you. Support keep recommending this one.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ian Weir

The problem with that advice is that just dragging it to the Trash does leave a lot of crap on a Mac even if you don't think it does, but thanks for your input. With AppCleaner which I have and is free doesn't get everything nor does most of the App Cleaners. Even the one I use more than any is AppDelete and it still doesn't get everything. I guess I'll have to do it manually and methodically. 

Terry Luckings

Unfortunately I've found that as well. I've been using CleanMyMac for some time (paid for app) and even that does leave some remnants although when you delve deeper the space they take up is negligible, but by the sound of it you're as fussy as I am. When I delete an app thats what I expect, it all goes. Lucky we are not using Windows!

Ian Weir

I use windows but only for one app, that use to be on my macs but Apple broke with SIP.

Tony Collins

Appcleaner (free) can do the job well enough for me.

Howard Lebowitz

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

This app removes an App plus all library and hidden files. You can select to retain library and hidden files if you think a reinstall is possible in the future. 

Works great!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Ian,

We suggest uninstalling using the following instructions:

Download AppCleaner from here:

http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner

AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only the applications themselves but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

When removing Luminar 2018, mark all the files and folders in the list, except for DPA6233TPQ.com.macphun.luminar2018, as shown on the screenshot below:

Please sign in to leave a comment.