Luminar FLEX is here

Pinned

Comments

28 comments

Colin Grant

CK is now obsolete software. Flex would be the replacement.

Comment actions Permalink
    Peter Gladstein

I just checked My Software and its not there.

Tony Collins

I notice the price for flex is only £10 less than L3. If I buy L3 now do I also get flex included?

Richard Harrington

Tony, for the short term yes.,.   But in the near future that will be an upgrade purchase or a bundle.  But we aren't making that change yet...  it will tie to a bigger update and have advance notice.

Jeff Lambert

Can someone tell me how to batch process images in Photos for mac with Luminar Flex? It is listed as a feature (the last one) for both Lightroom Classic CC and Photos for mac but I can't find any info as to how I would do that from Photos or LR. I got the part where you can run an action from Photoshop so you can batch a bunch of images that way, but not from Photos or LR. Also,  when you edit a photos in Photos for mac, you can't edit what you have done with Luminar Flex, you either start from scratch or build on top of what you already had done to the photo, so no re-editability there:-(

Tony Collins

Thanks Richard. I'll download the flex trial for now.

Howard Lebowitz

Do you have a link to the free trial? 

I cannot find it anywhere on Skylum site.

Tony Collins

Main Skylum site>Luminar menu>righthand column of three (Luminar Flex)>Download Luminar Flex Trial. (took me a while to spot it also)

Howard Lebowitz

Tony, thanks!

In typical Skylum fashion they makes things that are not quite right.

There is a special page for FLEX: https://skylum.com/luminar-flex yet there in no link for the Trial version only a Buy button.

So to get the trial you have to search a completely different page. Really?

In their defense, sort of, that same menu is available on the Flex page. But still, they have a big green BUY button and no mention about a free trial.

Tony Collins

That was the problem I had too :-)

Howard Lebowitz

Hi Taffy,

I used my L3 activation code for Flex and it activated properly. See Tony's post above for the link.

Angelo Infantino

Hi,

I used my L3 activation code but it didn't work. I have copied it directly from my account page (using the "Copy Code" button). Moreover, I don't find any link in "My Software" for downloading the free version/activate the trial. How can I activate Luminar Flex? Thanks

Leila Evans

Hi there - Luminar Flex should appear in your Skylum account in My Software tab. Please check once again. 

Angelo Infantino

Thanks Leila, now it is there! 

Howard Lebowitz

Angelo, when I look at the My Software page the license code for L3 is the same as Flex.

So, if your code is not working contact support directly.

Angelo Infantino

Hi Howard,
    Indeed I contacted directly the support and now everything works. My activation codes are different (don’t ask me why) for L3 and FLEX.
    Thanks for your support!

Scott Thomas

I use Intensify CK a lot with LR Classic, does Luminar Flex replace it with more functionality? Thanks!

Roger Traill

Can I clarify, When Luminar 4 arrives will it cease to function as an extension for Photos (Mac)?  If so I think that is a bad decision unless the upgrade prices for the "bundle" are no more than the usual major point upgrade.

Colin Grant

Luminar 4 is a long way off but yes I understand it will not be useable as a plugin (neither will L3 going forward, I believe). The concept is you either need plugin architecture because you are using your own core editing stuff like Lr/Photos or you require an all in one solution. Flex is the plugin and L3 is the stand-alone all in one. That works for me. If you use Photos why would you need L3 and its Library?

John Robinson

I still use Intensify on a regular because it does some things better than Luminar. For the same reason, I occasionally use Snapheal and Noiseless. 

Richard Harrington

You’ll find an Intensify workspace in Flex that matches all features nicely.

Colin Grant

Had not noticed that. Tks Richard 😀

Richard Harrington

Colin, I built that because I love Intensify too.  Be sure to also check out the Tonality presets in the marketplace as well.

Scott Thomas

Okay, I found all those Workspaces (though it wasn't very apparent) but one filter I used a lot in Intensify CK was Soft HDR. I do not see it listed. Any chance it could be added in the next Flex update? Thanks!

Helena Carter

Hi Scott ,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. I will pass it to the person in charge.

Richard Harrington

Hi Scott Thomas 

I don't see that as an Adjustment.  Maybe it was a preset?  I haven't had time to rebuild all those.  But you can apply the preset is Intensity and look at the sliders, and then recreate a similar look in Flex and save your own preset.

Jan Kat

I also just checked My Software, nothing there!

Taffy Ledesma

I own Luminar 2018 and Luminar 3.  Where's the link / code to the free Luminar Flex?  Thanks

Please sign in to leave a comment.