Comments

27 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

The release date for Luminar Flex is April 4, 2019.

Comment actions Permalink
    marc labro

youpee ! Looking forward to test it in lightroom. i waste so much time launching 100 times luminar 3 with slow loading of organizer i don't need.

why is this forum not available in skylum account ? i did a google search "skylum forum" to find it

marc

Rob Strower

It IS April 4,2019

NOT available.

I am here in the middle of Europe, Germany at 08:58 in the morning.

I guess the release date is not a date but a time stamp around noon in the north of America.

Again, the 4th of April is not the 4th of April to everybody on this very rock we live on.

In other words: the US of America is the centre, still.

I am still happy it will be this very day.

Life is good,

Robin

Colin Grant

Why did you not load L3 via Lr? It works well enough as a plugin and no Library is visible.

Jos Vromen

The release date for Luminar Flex is April 4, 2019.

That's uh, today!

Jos

Ram

I saw a news article saying it has been released. https://photofocus.com/software/skylum-announces-luminar-flex-to-extend-a-photographers-editing-experience/

Don’t see any update on Skylum website yet.

Ram

Edit: there is actually. You can buy it now from Skylum.com

Jos Vromen

I thought it was a free update?

Rob Strower

@Skylum

Can we get a link to download the installer for FLEX by any chance?

I know we put in our code we got for 2018 and Luminar 3 and we are good to go.

But there´s no download/trial link to download without buying a new code which is not what we have to.

Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Robin

Jerry Hall

Unless you want to help Skylum test Flex, WAIT.  The uncertainty in defining and getting Flex out is strikingly similar to past software releases.  Lesson learned.  I would rather do photography than be a tester.

It seems that Luminar18 pretty much does the job Flex will do.  I will monitor this forum for a few months and then decide to install when it is clear that it works at least as well as L2018.  

That said I look forward to Flex as a reliable, maintained and current plugin.  Skylum is on the right track here.  They just need to prove they have learned how to do quality control.

Anastasia Davis

Hey! You are correct, Luminar Flex is out. All Luminar 2018/3 users should receive an email and get the app free of charge.
    Best regards,

Jos Vromen

Thanks for the info!

Frank Fiorentino

so you have released this but have not emailed your current customers that are supposed to get it for free?  I am not optimistic that I will ever receive the email as I have not received any Skylum communication in months.

Why wouldn't this be added to my account for download like all other Skylum software?

Anastasia Davis

Hi Frank! You will get an email soon.

Frank Fiorentino

@Anastasia

Thank you.  Hopefully the email comes soon.

I am hoping that Flex just works.  This will fit nicely into my workflow.

Richard Harrington

Hello all.

We are NOT sending an email out to all. 

• If you want to download Luminar Flex, it's already in your Skylum Account (click in the upper right corner of this page).
    • If you own Luminar 2018/3 it is a free crossgrade
    • In the future (the plugin features will only be in Flex) and Luminar will only be for the desktop.
    • We're not making this change immediately so people have time to adjust and get used to it.
    • Luminar Flex is only meant to be used as a plugin and not an application.
    Richard Harrington

If you need to download it as a trial, you can also do that right from the home page as there is a trial download button.

Frank Fiorentino

I won't be able to activate since somehow all my purchase history with download links and license codes have disappeared from my account (I started another post about this).  Nothing ever goes smooth around here.

Thorsten Trost

I would also very much like to know when to get the update, but the date is there yet.

Jack Larson

I contacted Customer Service via email.  They emailed that Luminar Flex should appear in the My Software tab of my account.  However, it does not appear there.  All of the rest of my Skylum Software appears but not Flex.

Frank Fiorentino

One would think this would have been sorted out before today.  Skylum should have taken the site down for maintenance instead of surprising everyone by having all purchases disappear. This is pure amateur comedy.

Tom Pickering

Frank -

It's possible that your software licenses are under a different email address than what you've logged into your account with.

Frank Fiorentino

No, same account I have always logged in with. They are back now. The point is this type of stuff should not happen without warning. This is just another misstep in the long list of Sklyum missteps. The fact is they have released a new product that is supposed to be free for existing customers yet we have received ZERO communication on this. I don’t want to install a trial that I will need to deal with uninstalling once it is made available. It’s all very frustrating and I am not sure that Sklyum can get anything right at this point. 

Tom Pickering

Glad your Licenses are back.  The "trial" is the full program.  I used the activation code for Luminar 3 and it worked for Luminar Flex.

You surely didn't expect a smooth release of Flex if you've used Luminar before.

Frank Fiorentino

@Tom

Thanks. I will try that. 

I don’t expect anything from Sklyum other than issues. 

marc labro

not yet in my software account !

i have luminar 3

To answer Colin Grant (why can't we reply under a post here ???), i launch luminar 3 from LR but have the camel splash screen for a long time, i process, do apply and luminar closes.

i want to process second image, launch luminar which launches the camel,...

I become crazy retouching 50 images that way !

why doesn't luminar (flex ?) remain open for easy transfer ?

what i expect with Flex is that it is smart enough to recognize that the image was already processed and open the luminar extension containing the history so we can make non destructive editing from lightroom as we do with smart object in photoshop

best regards

marc

Brian Bochicchio

When looking in my account, I scanned past it 3 or 4 times. Now that I have seen it once, I can't miss it :)

I am enjoying using it so far.   Will have more time with it over the weekend. 

*high-five* team!

--------------------------

FWIW, It's kinda odd that I found out about this from FStoppers and not Skylum Official.   

Also, this kinda doesn't make sense. Unless I am missing some context.  

"We are NOT sending an email out to all. "  - Richard

So, it's mission critical to make sure I got an ad email to download the Shutterfly app to every email account you have on record for me?  But not for a something I was really interested in. LOL. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.