Golden Spiral and Other composition overlays

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll share it with our developers for their consideration.

Comment actions Permalink
    Paul Ross

I have found some layers, but they are clunky to use, and your product is otherwise so smooth and easy.

Also a preset crop of 16:10 would be close to the Golden Ratio. Our just z Golden Ratio crop setting would be great.

Martin Jean

+1

Lenny Verkhovsky

Showing grid lines also in view/edit mode can be very helpful, since we wont need to go to cropping tool for this. Maybe the picture already good enough without croping

Declan Loghlen

I was just about to post a very similar thought. Glad to know it's out there.

Having compositional overlays would be really good. Sometimes, I take more of the image and crop to composition, especially if short on time. Be nice, to have some these overlays, as I might see a rule of third, but with a composition overlay i could frame the picture different and it can be training the eye to see these additional compositions.

Anyone know a place to download transparent layers of such composition examples that maybe could be loaded as an image overlay and then transform the images.

Would it be possible in the Composition AI, to say, select a the subject or subjects, and it could try show alternative compositions based on certain composition rules? That sounds like a mammoth task to me and I'm not a software designer.

Please sign in to leave a comment.