Comments

13 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Jordi ,

Currently, we don't plan releasing Luminar 3 for ipad, since we're concentrated on Mac and Windows platforms. However, we've heard that request quite a lot and I will pass it to our developers.

Have a marvelous day!

Comment actions Permalink
    Jordi Delgado

Count me in as a customer of the iOS version.

Adam Mann

Would love to see an iPad version, specially if it can work with something like the GNARBOX v2.0. Adobe already has Lightroom for iPad as well as PS. Affinity has Photo and Designer.

iPad is a no brainier really specially with a cloud sync (which is on your roadmap) already

Alan Moore

WWDC just announced their OS specifically for ipad.   Moving closer to a real laptop with better file support and the ability to access external files.   This makes it awfully tempting to move to an ipad for photo editing, although my favorite  editor is Luminar, which does not support the ipad.   Please reconsider your development in light of the new OS.

Huw Parry

My Mac Pro is close to end of life and I am looking at iPad as a possible replacement. Not developing your software for iPad  when others photo apps are seems a mistake to me. 

Utkarsh Bhardwaj

I'm considering to buy ipad pro now that there is iPad OS, just hoping that you guys develop Luminar for iPadOS. I would love not to switch to Pixelmator Photo or Darkroom or Rawpower.

Can we expect to hear about Luminar for IPadOS anytime soon?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

We don't have immediate plans for an iPadOS version of Luminar, but we'll certainly consider it in the future.

Craig England

Like others above, I have a 2012 MacBook Pro Retina.  It isn’t long for the world of updates.  After watching WWDC 2019 and iPadOS, the developer tools do the job for you.  It’s a no brainer.  As many others above, you will loose many of us without utilising the developer kit.

Your above statement is not hopeful and is quite dismissive.  Maybe you should reconsider your statement with something like:

“Thank you Luminar community for you support and positive future aspirations.  We know that tablet technology is the easiest way for professionals to deliver exceptional quality work on the go while using the best tools available.  The team at Skylum hear you and are reviewing all processes as well as upcoming utilities to create the same or a better experience that Luminar can provide you, the best of our community.  Please be patient with us and keep on the lookout for future news and updates.

Team Name

Skylum Team”

Andy Whiteford

Another vote for Luminar on iPad. Would be an instant purchase for me. 

Arnaud DELORME

Have a look at the Skylum CEO answer here: https://shadesofcolormagazine.com/author/jmm78/

"... we will definitely come out with Luminar for both iPad and iPhone, but only after we release Luminar 4, which is scheduled at the end of this year. And after we release Luminar Cloud, which will be in beta testing in July. Right now, we already have several prototypes of Luminar for mobile platforms, but we want to make sure that we come out with exactly those features that will bring additional value to users – that will bring something new to photographers and artists. And once we have these new, unique, and interesting solutions ready, it won’t matter how many apps already exist on the market since we’ll bring people something that no one else has given. Skylum’s philosophy is not to copy, not to duplicate, but to create and introduce new value. And we are now forming this value... "

Alan Moore

Great news.   Keep us posted.   The best comes to iPad!

Michael Polda

As others have said, my MacBook Pro is aging and I’m giving serious thought to transitioning to an iPad Pro. The loss of Luminar has held me back, but not for much longer.

Craig England

Yea like others, I’m looking for a replacement. Once I do, I will leave Luninar behind.

Please sign in to leave a comment.