Luminar Plugin plugs into what software?

Comments

11 comments

Jos Vromen

I hope it’s not only the Adobe, but also the refreshing Affinity and the Apple bestseller Pixelmator Pro.

Comment actions Permalink
    Keith Preston

I already use Luminar 3 as a plugin to Adobe LightRoom.  What's the big deal with this Luminar Plugin?

Peter Gladstein

Sell the sizzle not the steak. I would assert that Luminar plugin is Luminar 2018 renamed which is good news. Why because Luminar 2018 works plus it will be maintained.

Anastasia Davis

Hey guys! The Luminar plugin will support the same apps as before + PSE for Windows users.
    The main feature of Luminar plugin is that it can be used as a Smart Filter.

Richard Harrington

It also works with Photoshop Actions and has updated Luminar Looks that match Luminar 3

Verlon Smith

“Most” implies more than Adobe, at least. Any hope for C1 or On1?

Richard Harrington

Capture One and On1 support is not official at this point.

I have successfully used it with both apps as an external editor.

However, those workflows are not officially supported as they have not been fully tested or documented.

Both apps support external editors, however.

Ann Wheatley

Will the luminar Plugin work with On1 Raw? That way I could get around the luminar 3 DAM problems on my Mac and still be able to Use Luminar. As others point out Luminar 2018 is great so if the Luminar Plugin gives access to that from On1 Raw I would be very happy

Helena Carter

Hi Ann,

Currently, there are no plans for it, but I will pass your suggestion to our developers. We will keep you posted.

Ann Wheatley

Thanks Helena. Please do, especially since the email from Alex announcing this said that the Luminar plugin is  new addition for MOST photo editing tools that works as a plugin, extension, or external editor.

Above, Richard Harrington says:

• Capture One and On1 support is not official at this point.I have successfully used it with both apps as an external editor. However, those workflows are not officially supported as they have not been fully tested or documented. Both apps support external editors, however.

I have just located the info on how to do this. 
    https://on1help.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023035531-Where-do-I-Launch-External-Editors-Plugins-Inside-of-ON1-Photo-RAW-

Verlon Smith

I understand the external editors. Ideally, an integrated plugin would be faster. This would make for cleaner workflow, in any event.

Please sign in to leave a comment.