Creative Kit plug-in does not show Lightroom installed although it is

Comments

13 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Egidio,

If the plugins are working then there is no reason to worry. If you have any issues with them, please let us know and we'll send you instructions for manually installing the plugins.

Comment actions Permalink
    Blair Govan

Hey Angela,

Same challenge for me as well. Bought a new Mac and unable to install the plugins as well in Lightroom or Luminar3.

I really do hope Skylum will continue to sell and it update for plugins. What can be achieved in Creative Kit is better and quicker results than Luminar3.

Egidio Leitao

Blair,

The plug-ins are working fine for me in spite of the fact they do not show my LR installation. The fact is the plug-ins are there. 

On the other hand, I have to say that CK is definitely faster. The main reason for my buying a new and faster MacBook Pro was because it was taking me too long to edit things in Luminar 3. The new Mac is faster, but Luminar 3 is still sluggish.

Lynne Pariseau

hi Angela - I hope there are no plans to phase out Creative kit -- I still use a couple of its components frequently. Most especially Noiseless Pro -- I have found there is a big difference between it and the denoise options in Luminar 2018 and L3.  I have done side by side comparisons using Noiseless Pro and Denoise and Noiseless Pro wins hands down every time!!  I hope your developers know this - especially if there's a plan to eventually fade out CK.  Also CK's Intensify is vastly superior to the "similar' components in L3 or 2018.   Should I be addressing this issue with Alex?

Blair Govan

Ya I just purchased. A 2017 iMac i7 32ram. But returning as they released the 2019 yesterday and I am still in the 15 day window. The new iMac made a huge difference for me. Still a few issues. I can still use Creative Kit but the plugins don’t show up.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Blair,

You can try to manually install the plug-ins. 

First of all, please make sure that Lightroom is closed.

Use the link below to download the plug-ins for LR:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b67ls4p7wg5yi55/CK%20Lightroom%20plugins.zip?dl=0 

Once the download is complete, please open Finder, go to Downloads folder, unzip the file, select and copy (Command+C) the plug-in files (.lrplugin

Then, please use key combination Command+Shift+G and input the following path:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/ and hit Go.

Paste (Command+V) the copied file into this folder.

Then download templates for Lightroom with this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugpn4e9wevx3o0p/CK%20Lightroom%20templates.zip?dl=0 

Once the download is complete, please open Finder, go to Downloads folder, unzip the file, select and copy (Command+C) the files. (.lrtemplate)

Then, please use key combination Command+Shift+G and input the following path:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/ and hit Go.

Paste (Command+V) the copied file into this folder.

Access Creative Kit apps from Adobe Lightroom by right-clicking on a photo > Edit in > choose the app.

Here is video tutorial: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqx5w35wfdcnyru/LightroomPluginsManualInstallation.mov?dl=0 

If it's played too fast, you can set the speed. See the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/j18kvt 

Let me know how it works.

Cheers!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Lynne,

Unfortunately, the Creative Kit applications have been discontinued and will not be receiving updates in the future. This is why their plugin functionality wasn't natively included in Luminar 3. However, we know many users still depend on these apps which is why we provide workarounds to keep them going for you as long as we can.

Lynne Pariseau

Hmmm - I didn't realize you had a work around (I'm on a MacBook Pro) --- what I've been doing is after I've done my editing with either 2019 or L3 as a plugin for Photoshop Elements,  then I use the CK plugins which still show up in PSE. ....that's my workaround.   Do you have anything better that would show the CK plugins in L3 or 2018?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Lynne,

Indeed, I do! :-)

1. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software. Locate the folder of the app you'd like to connect to Luminar 3. Navigate inside that folder - there will be a folder named Plug-ins there. Navigate inside the Plug-ins folder. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in has .plugin extension.
    2. Copy the .plugin file somewhere where you can easily find it.
    3. In Luminar, double-click any photo to open the full preview mode.
    4. Click Edit > Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Luminar to the .plugin file you just copied. The CK app should open.
    Lynne Pariseau

Thanks for that suggestion - I'll give it a try. 

as for my other question -- should I be writing to Alex and giving him the feedback on Noiseless Pro vs Denoise that's built into Luminar?

Helena Carter

Hi Lynne ,

As to Ck apps, they are legacy ones and we no longer support them.

However, there's a workaround to use CK apps as plugins in Luminar 3:

1. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software. Locate the folder of the app you'd like to connect to Luminar 3. Navigate inside that folder - there will be a folder named Plug-ins thereNavigate inside the Plug-ins folder. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in has .plugin extension.
    2. Copy the .plugin file somewhere where you can easily find it.
    3. In Luminar, double-click any photo to open the full preview mode.
    4. Click Edit > Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Luminar to the .plugin file you just copied. The CK app should open.

Best regards

Angela Andrieux

Hi Lynne,

You are always welcome to send feedback directly to Alex. If you don't have his email address you can send your message to support@skylum.com and our team will forward it to him.

Lynne Pariseau

thanks Angela - I actually do have his email address so sent him a brief note in support of Noiseless CK.  thanks for your prompt help.

Lynne

Please sign in to leave a comment.