Luminar 3 is crashing...

Comments

7 comments

Rob Strower

Hi Jan,

does it help starting Luminar 3 in Windows 8 compatibility mode?

Right-Click on Luminar 3 symbol on Desktop -> Left-Click "Properties" at the bottom -> Left-Click on Compatibility -> Left-Click on the box Run this program in compatibility mode for: (chose Windows 8 below) -> Left-Click "Apply" right corner at the bottom then Left-Click "Ok"

Restart Luminar 3

All the best,

Robin

Comment actions Permalink
    Jan Ostermeier

Hi Robin,

thanks for the tipp. Maybe it runs a little bit better in Win-8-mode, but by far not stable. Every two to three steps, Luminar 3 does not respond or crashes. To be honest: Win-8-mode can't be the solution to those severe problems Luminar 3 currently have.

I hope the a bugfix is in work. Otherwise I really think about deinstallation and refund... too bad, the new catalog feature, that was introduced in version 3 is useless for me and only disturbing me. But the new feature have destabilized the application completely for me. 

Regards

JSO

Angela Andrieux

Hi JSO,

Our next update is planned for later this Spring. In the meantime, if you haven't already, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issue.

Jan Ostermeier

Hi,

when memory is low the amount of crashes increase drastically.

I've increased RAM and Luminar becomes far more stable (and usable again).

Maybe that also could help others.

Regards

JSO

laurent Bachata

Hi

I confirm there are too many crash too.

it is too much instable, and on every kind of process: loading image, apply effect on image, export batch.

My opinion is that stability must become the highest priority. It is nice to have good feature, very good idea... but if that crash, it is boring, and becomes unusable.

May I suggest you to add a diagnostic feature in your next release, which be able to catch this kind of error (exceptions?) and send to Skylum (if user is agree) some information on the crash which can help you to debug (like several other product does)

Because we (user) are not able to report you any reliable information to find the root cause of the problems, and I afraid that Luminar quality can only decrease by adding new feature without fixing this crash issues.

I really wish to Luminar to successed ... but crash is not acceptable.

Markus Gehlhaar

For me everything was working great. But since last update I constantly seeing crashes. For example in the library when I want to sort or filter it's a 100% crash.

I even can't click on help in the menu without crashing Luminar.

Kate Williams

Hi Markus, 

This is something we definitely need to look into. Could you please send us a screen recording of the issue?

You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request to https://skylum.com/support 

Please sign in to leave a comment.