Photos in folder but not showing in library

Comments

14 comments

Colin Grant

It is a bug that I have reported but have had no updates on it yet. I have found that closing and reopening L3 sometimes (in fact always here) forces the app to rebuild the folders and that corrects it. YMMV.

Comment actions Permalink
    Dmytro B.

Hi David, could you please specify if these files are stored on the external drive?

David Nestelle

No these photos are stored in the photos folder.

David Nestelle

I can give you more context. I was editing an image and when I was done I copied the photo adjustments. In the left filmstrip I multi-selected the other photos and they disappeared. I thought I had accidentally thrown them in the trash, but that was not the case. I checked in the folder they were still there but now they were not showing up in the library.

Anastasia Davis

Please send us your catalog:

1. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    2. Right-click the Luminar Catalog folder > click Compress and wait for the process to finish.
    3. Send us the .zip file you created in Step 2. We recommend a free service WeTransfer for that.

If you can recall, it would help us a lot if you could tell us which folders were added to your Luminar Catalog and where they were located: on an internal or external drive. You can make a screenshot of the filesystem, for example.

A screen recording of the issue would be highly appreciated. Here's how to record your screen on Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it to an email to support@skylum.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Phong Thai

I've been having the same problem. After quite a long time struggling to exchange emails with Skylum support, they accepted it's a bug (they can easily reproduce with the images I sent), but there's no info about the reason and when it will be fixed.

Dmytro B.

It might be a bug, but these cases might be different. Reaching our support team is a good idea, because we'll be then able to fully analyze the problem.

Berthold Dörrich

Any solution on this? I see the same problem after having installed Luminar 4 recently. Hundreds of photos missing in Luminar Library, although all of them are visible in Finder. Any way to manually "import" to Luminar 4?

Helga Rowles

Hi Berthold, please try creating a new catalog via File > Catalog > New and add photos there.
    If the issue remains, would you mind contacting us at skylum.com/support so we can take a closer look into the situation?

Berthold Dörrich

Hi Helga, problem remains even after creating a new catalog. Contacted support but did not receive any reply. How long is it that I should wait for support reaction?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Berthold,

Our support team typically replies within 24 hours. Please be sure to also check your spam folder for a reply as sometimes our messages are misrouted.

Berthold Dörrich

Hi Angela, thanks for the update. Checked my mail incl. spam folders, but unfortunately no response yet.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Berthold,

It looks like our support team resent their message to you two days ago. Can you confirm that it was received? If not, please email us at support@skylum.com using an alternate email address if possible.

Brett Davies

Just updated to 4.3.0 and have been experiencing the same problem when trying to add a folder to the Catalog/Library that I open. The folders and subfolders are greyed out with image contents of '0'.

I made a new Catalog and added a folder and this time the target folder and its contents loaded ok.

Seems to me that maybe there is a bug that is preventing adding folders to an existing Catalog established in a previous version. (Could also be related to my ignorance...)

Please sign in to leave a comment.