Luminar and CR3

Answered

Comments

11 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Jose,

Please, refer to this post: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360034700032-Canon-EOS-R-CR3-RAW-files-when-

We'll add the support of CR3 files in on of the future updates, but there's no ETA yet.

Our developers are working around the clock to implement the support of .CR3 file format. There are some technical difficulties, but we are investigating the best way to overcome them.

Once .CR3 file format is supported, we'll let you know.

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your .CR3 RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Cheers!

Comment actions Permalink
    Eric Jennings

Hi Helena,

I just picked up the Canon EOS RP. Are CR3 files supported yet? 

Terry Rogers

Hi Eric! We are sorry CR3 files are not yet supported by our software.

Please use Adobe DNG Converter to process your raw images:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

it's a great shit to convert in DNG before! What is so difficult to integrate CR3? Adobe. Adobe did that in 3 weeks.

I am very sad and annoyed to have given you my trust and money.

You want to be a professional software and does not support professional cameras.

Big words: Lightroom killer (ha ha ha)

Sorry for my hard words, but it does not work that way

Les Cornwell

Yep, Adobe supported CR3 files within weeks, as did FastStone - Freeware!!

Luminar ?? Oh yes, latest update allows me to find photos I took on the same day a year ago but still cant see a photo I took yesterday with my EOS R!

José Carlos de Blas Gómez

Responsible for Skylum, we still continue the same with the opening po Luminar of CR3 files. It is so difficult to solve ?, Do not you have qualified personnel that can solve it ?, We are not interested in the people who use cameras that generate this type of files ?.

I hope that when they solve it, if they solve it some day, they notify us by email, because I think that there are many of us who are going to stop using, at least temporarily, their software, we are tired of wasting time and disk space. the files to dng.
    We wait for your news.

Kate Williams

Hi everyone,

Our developers are doing their best to implement the support of .CR3 file format in the nearest future. Unfortunately, the documentation on this file format is not publicly available, so the process of implementation might take a while. Our tech team has already started working on this project, but currently, we can’t provide an approximate timeline for its completion. We still need to process lots of samples from different cameras to provide our customers with a good quality product.

But once we have good news for you, for sure, we will notify you. 

Your patience and understanding will be much appreciated. 

Les Cornwell

@Kate Williams, so if it is so difficult to implement support of .CR3 files, how is it that nearly all other programs including even freeware such as Faststone have supported CR3 files for many months? Or do they just have better developers??

Will Guy

Bought a brand new Canon EOS R. The only RAW format it will take pictures in is CR3. Effectively rendering this new camera useless in this program and causing me to find new software or use my old camera. Which defeats the purpose. When is the Roadmap going to be updated?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Will,

CR3 support is expected to be added by the end of the year. For now, you can use the free Adobe DNG Converter to convert your CR3 files to DNG which can then be used in Luminar.

José Carlos de Blas Gómez

Más vale tarde que nunca, por fin Luminar 3 abre los archivos con formato CR3, a mi ya me sirve de poco porque me he cambiado a Capture One, espero que os sirva a los demás.

Quizás la gente de Skylum tenga que hacer una pequeña reflexión, creo que con la poca atención que nos han prestado en este tema han perdido bastante credibilidad, yo al menos, si en su momento lo hubiesen solucionado creo que habría comprado Luminar 4, ahora mismo ya ni me lo planteo porque no quiero volver a depender de que sigan pensando que vale más captar nuevos clientes que atender a los que ya tienen.

Un saludo para todos

Please sign in to leave a comment.