Lost all edits

Comments

11 comments

Leila Evans

Hi Mick - Sorry about this. Our dev team is going to fix the issue with lost edits in 3.1.0

For now, we'd suggest you to do a backup.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mick Tomlinson

Realised that I had backed up my external hard disk (with the catalog & photos on it) just 4 days ago using SuperDuper. When I copied that across and opened it, all edits except last couple of days were there thankfully!

Looking forward to 3.1.0...

Mick Tomlinson

@Leila - by the way, do you yet have an estimate of when we can expect version 3.1.0? Thanks for keeping us posted.

Kirk Osborn

The next update is scheduled for the late spring.

Colin Grant

Good heavens, Leila - the dev team know about lost edits and are going to fix it by late spring? Yet you are still selling and encouraging people to use software with a bug as severe as that. How much lower can Skylum's ethics get.

Colin Grant

And as Skylum always miss their "vague" targets anyway we are probably talking about early summer to fix a critical bug. But I suspect they see "making it so we do not lose edits" as an enhancement/upgrade rather than a bug! Any decent software house would have a fix out the door within the week.

Michael Battista

It is completely unacceptable that Luminar 3 loses any edits at all let alone a whole catalogue of edits. I only play around in the software because it can not be trusted.

Colin Grant

I am 100% back in Lr now. Probably will never leave,  not for Luminar/Skylum anyway.

Frank Fiorentino

@Colin

I did the same several months ago and I deleted all Skylum software from my computer...Luminar and Aurora.  They got my money but that won't happen again.

I am surprised it took you this long to abandon the LR non-killer. It's only a matter of time before their user base has to pay again to get bugs fixed. 

Colin Grant

To be honest, Frank, I never killed my Lr subscription. It came up for renewal during Luminar 2018 and the problems with that were enough to convince me this was not a safe place to be. I renewed and just used Luminar as a plugin but with Lr now having LUTs and me shooting Fuji I have less and less reason to even consider Luminar in my workflow. Yes, some of the filters, like Orton, are nice but are very easy to do in PS or Nik.

Gal Steinberg

We have heard the same thing before about 3.0.2!!! and nothing was fixed... It only took care of a single use case (the whole library has moved) but not what happens if a single image was moved, or many other issues we are having!!

I also got the We will have a fix in 3.1 from support, but not sure I'm trusting this until I hear what is being fixed.

So @Leila and other Skylum staff.

Please tell us exactly what is wrong and what is being fixed!

Please sign in to leave a comment.