Abandoned for now.

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Andy,

We are very sorry for the frustrations you've encountered with Luminar 3. Our team is working around the clock to address the issues our users are experiencing. Our next update will be later this spring and we hope you'll give Luminar another try at that time. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Andrew Hewitt

Hi Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I do, kind of, appreciate the efforts your team are making, and I do intend to try Luminar out again when the update arrives.

However, I'm afraid that 'later this spring' isn't helpful at all, it's what we've been hearing for well over a year now. Even though I'm happy to keep trying Luminar in the future, it will probably be a long time before I have any trust in it for longer term use.

For those of us that were looking to migrate over from Lightroom, it's not going to be easy unless you ever add the migration features that were originally mentioned - a big deal was made about that when you announced the DAM feature for Luminar 2018. Some of us have tens, or even hundreds of thousands of images, already managed, keyworded and edited. You really do need to provide a suitable migration tool, and adequate feature set for Luminar to be an attractive alternative.

I'm always hoping that you can deliver, and will continue to be open minded.

Regards

Andy

Angela Andrieux

Hi Andrew,

I can certainly understand your frustration. A Lightroom migration tool is in the works and should be available later this year. More on that here: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

Other improvements are on the way as well and we truly appreciate your open mind and patience.

Blair Govan

Hey Andy,

What software did you decide to go with? Looking at options. I agree when Luminar works it rocks!!! Unfortunately that’s a rarity.

Thanks

Blair

Andrew Hewitt

Hi Blair,

Confirming my previous comments, I have been a long time user of Lightroom (and indeed iPhoto and Aperture before that), but was hoping to extract myself from the subscription trap. I'm still using Lightroom for the reasons mentioned, i.e. I have a decent collection (50,000) of images, that are well organised and edited in Lightroom.

So, I'm using Lightroom at the moment, on the 20GB Photography Plan.

To be honest, I'm finding it very hard to find an alternative for that. Even though I don't like the subscription plan, in reality it's actually extremely good value, so anything to replace it has got a pretty high benchmark.

Cheers

Andy

Blair Govan

Morning Andy,

Ya I have opted to subscribe again to Lightroom. Much prefer Luminar when it works for editing. I can simply achieve results quickly and with less effort. Having said that, will likely continue to use Luminar as a Plugin too Lightroom. The DAM in Luminar3 really lacks in many ways and I don’t mind using Lightroom for this purpose. Lightroom can be used as a DAM without the monthly subscription.

Andrew Hewitt

Yes, of course that's possible Blair. I know I can cease paying for Lightroom, and retain the catalogue, although my thoughts are perhaps to have a closer look at Mylio, although that's a subscription only option too, and not such good value either.

I agree about the results in Luminar though, it does do a very nice job there. I think I need to regain some faith in the software again.

All the best

Please sign in to leave a comment.