CR3 Raw files and Luminar 3

Answered

Comments

38 comments

Kirk Osborn

The support of .CR3 files will be implemented in both Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 this fall. Please stay tuned.

Comment actions Permalink
    Stefan Gursch

I am very disappointed because I have my camera already 10 months and Luminar is not able to realize the CR3 support. I use other software that has been around for months to support the format. as it looks like, luminar uses the LibRaw and waits for this open-source lib to evolve as other manufacturers develop their own and thus faster and more customer-friendly.

Norman Suchorzewski

I believe Ver 4 is due around 18th November this year - Will it have CR3 Raw ability - Y / N and is 18th Nov the correct date.

Vita Bergman

Hi Norman! 

Yes, Luminar 4 is expected to be released on November 18th. Regarding .CR3, our developers are working around the clock  to implement the support of .CR3 file format this Fall.

Norman Suchorzewski

So the answer your looking for is NO - Luminar 4 is being launched without CR3 RAW being available- It really was not a difficult question - Just wanted an honest answer. How long has your team been working on it - the threads go back 10 months. And still, no closer and you cannot give a definite answer. People have paid for a pre-launch!!!!!!!

Thomas Schnitzler

LibRaw 201910 snapshot is live.
    So Skylum, how long do we have to wait now? :)

Haavard Pettersen

Good news - it is on the list of supported cameras for Luminar 4. Can anyone confirm that it really is supported?

Norman Suchorzewski

Luminar 4 now supports CR3 RAW. It works very well.

Please sign in to leave a comment.