Luminar 3.0.2 keeps crashing right after startup

Comments

5 comments

Jane Selverstone

I'm having the same problem. It started just after I transferred a couple of photo folders onto an external hard drive. Rebooting doesn't help. Here's the start of the report to Apple:

Process: Luminar 3 [867]
    Path: /Applications/Photography apps/Luminar 3.app/Contents/MacOS/Luminar 3
    Identifier: com.macphun.luminar3
    Version: 3.0.2 (3051)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: Luminar 3 [867]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2019-03-10 16:54:22.801 -0600
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14.3 (18D109)
    Report Version: 12
    Bridge OS Version: 3.3 (16P3133)
    Anonymous UUID: 183C5A4E-AE2A-7D02-44E6-1F7F20AC9022

Time Awake Since Boot: 900 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 2 Dispatch queue: ipq_<MPLum18Processor: 0x7fa8a0551d00> (QOS: USER_INITIATED)

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
    Terminating Process: exc handler [867]

Comment actions Permalink
    Benjamin v Bohr

If I delete the whole luminar catalog it startsup again it starts scanning After I Added new folders. Afterwards restarting also Works. So it looks like maybe like a „bug“ in the Update reagarding the catalog file

Angela Andrieux

Hi Benjamin and Jane,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with Luminar crashing! Please send the following to support@skylum.com along with a link to this thread so we can investigate the issue.

Please send us your catalog:

1. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    2. Right-click the Luminar Catalog folder > click Compress and wait for the process to finish.
    3. Send us the .zip file you created in Step 2. We recommend a free service WeTransfer for that.

If you can recall, it would help us a lot if you could tell us which folders were added to your Luminar Catalog and where they were located: on an internal or external drive. You can make a screenshot of the filesystem, for example.

If your copy of Luminar is crashing, send us crash reports:

1. Open Finder.
    2. Click Go in the top menu > click Go to Folder.
    3. Paste the following path: ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and click Go.
    4. In the folder that opens find the most recent files with Luminar 3 in their names and attach them to your email.

In order for us to directly track this issue, please also send us your Hardware UUID:

1. Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
    2. Click About This Mac.
    3. In the window that opens, click System Report.
    4. In the window that opens, make sure Hardware is selected in the column on the left.
    5. Locate the Hardware UUID string, copy it, and paste it into your email.

Thanks in advance! We look forward to hearing from you.

DC71

Downloaded and bought Luminar today, installed fine, starts up and asks me where my photos are located, click next and luminar just shuts down. I've rebooted, reinstalled, updated drivers etc and reset everything I can think of, just keeps shutting down. I use a windows 10 computer which runs all other photo editing software without any issues. I see that many people are having the same problem on PC and Mac. So what should I do?

Angela Andrieux

@Member - Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be glad to look into the issue.

Please sign in to leave a comment.