We want to know your thoughts. Aurora HDR Survey

Pinned

Comments

9 comments

Shane Knee

Want to know my thoughts? Why are you selling software (which I've owned almost two years - Aurora 2018) that barrel distorts most  DJI files that are bracketed AND when I updated to Aurora 2019, my 3:2 .ARW files from my Sony A73 & A7S2 when opened in A19 are being cropped. Others are having the same issue(s). Why would you release software with this unacceptable bug. Please advise or refund me my money. If I ran my business like this I would be out of business. I am NOT happy. Thank you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Shane,

Currently, Aurora HDR 2019 does not support raw files from any DJI cameras. You can find the list of supported cameras here: https://media.macphun.com/uploads/uploads/Supported_cameras_AuroraHDR_2019.pdf?_ga=2.184105894.1651998815.1552316431-691947425.1536351632

With regard to your Sony files, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate this issue. You can also request a refund at that address if you wish.

Richard Harrington

Hi Shane

A few things I think may help.

Want to know my thoughts?

Yes, please take the survey...  I am being sincere here.

Why are you selling software (which I've owned almost two years - Aurora 2018) that barrel distorts most  DJI files that are bracketed

The lens correction in Luminar and Aurora is based on the JPEG file.  The thought here is that this is what the manufacturer recommends.  You can override this with manual controls.

See this movie – https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzjmb3iu7b907b8/Drone_Lens_Correction.mp4?dl=0

When I updated to Aurora 2019, my 3:2.ARW files from my Sony A73 & A7S2 when opened in A19 are being cropped.

THis is because you've applied cropping in your camera.  For example, choosing to shoot 16:9 vs. 3:2/

I shoot Sony as well.  You'll find the same behavior in other apps like Photoshop and Lightroom.

Camera manufacturers (and most users) want us to respect the settings chosen in the camera.

See this movie – https://www.dropbox.com/s/tl35cerz4jgxd8r/Crop.mp4?dl=0

Why would you release software with this unacceptable bug?

Bugs are often in the eye of the beholder.  There are always multiple ways of doing things, but respecting the settings chosen in the camera or applied by the camera is our goal.  You are welcome to file a bug report to support@skylum.com.  Please be sure to include files to help them evaluate.  Hopefully the two movies I shared help illustrate what should be happening,

Please advise or refund me my money. If I ran my business like this, I would be out of business. I am NOT happy.

I can see you're not happy.  Please look at the answers I recorded for you.  

rob seibel

Got a question:  when I take 3 bracketed images from Luminar 3, and go to HDR 2019, there is no plugin in HDR 2019 to open back up in Luminar 3. Why is this?

Also, when I'm in Aurora HDR 2019, I can open the image up in Luminar 2018, but not Luminar 3, I don't get that.  Why?

Is Aurora HDR 2019 not compatible, or offer the ability to reopen the image back up in Luminar 3 when you're done editing the image?  this would seem quite strange to me, if it doesn't allow you too.  Please help.  Thanks.

Dmytro B.

Hi Rob, we'll add a plugin functionality for our applications in the future updates. At the moment it is indeed not possible to reopen your images in Luminar or Aurora HDR whe you're done editing them. 

Boris VOLCK

Hello,

I bought Aurora 1 year ago and I used it with Fuji X-Pro 2. Everything was fine.

Then I bought Fuji X-T3 and realized that X-T3 was not supported by Aurora... Black line on RAW file, bad colors... Unusable !

I'm always waiting for an update ! When I contacted support, months ago, they proposed me a refund, because no update was scheluded. I'm always waiting for this refund..! I tried to contact you many times. No news !

I'm really upset by this lack of customer policy. Not really pro from Skylum. This is the end for me with you.

Alina Skylum

Boris,

We have replied to you in October. In order to issue you a refund, our billing partner Fastspring needs your PayPal email. They had contacted you previously. You should have got an email from them. Please, double-check your spam folder.

Boris VOLCK

Hello
    Thanks for your answer.
    I didn’t see any message.

Unfortunately I don’t PayPal account. How can I make ?
    Regards.

Vita Bergman

Hi Boris!

I have re-sent your refund request to our billing partner.

You should get a reply from them soon.

Please sign in to leave a comment.