solved my library problems under Windows 10

Comments

7 comments

Rob Strower

Hallo Bernd,

this is a Windows 10 related problem and part of the version you are actually using. I had that probem as well(got solved before I was using Luminar 3) but later versions of WIN 10 (I am a part of the WIN 10 Insider program) don´t have that problem any longer.

It is not a bug in Luminar 3 but it shows up in Luminar 3 (I rechecked on my Laptop) which runs older version of WIN 10.

But thank you for posting as it can help some people to keep Luminar 3 working as it should.

The new 19H1 version (which becomes available in Spring this year) got rid of that WIN 10 bug for all WIN 10 users.

I can second the tip to remove the new color profile and restarting the PC.

All the best,

Robin

Comment actions Permalink
    Bernd Iffland

Hallo Robin,

I am using Windows 10 Version 1809 which should be the most actual Version.

Nice to hear that later versions don't have that problem any longer.

After deleting my newly created colorprofile Luminar 3 opens the library realy fast. The thumbs are visible immediatly.

greetings,

Bernd

jean Vidal

Problemes d'affichages divers ,vignettes noires des fichiers tiff ,meme ceux crée par luminar j'ai formaté mon pc reinstallé windows 10 plus mes programmes et maintenant luminar fonctionne sans problémes...... mes 25000 photos en quelques minutes et catalogage idem fichiers tiff visible bref win 10 et luminar ??

Markus Ottiger

Hello Bernd

This is a real solution !!!!!!

I had all the problems with thumbnails and images being black (Win 8.1, Intel I5, 16 GB RAM).

Then I removed the Color Calibration Profiles of both monitors in the Windows Color Management (calibration difference was small anyway). And wow, Luminar 3 works and is showing all the preview thumbnails and images.

Firstly they appeared very slow. Then I deleted once the folder "PreviewCache" in the Luminar Catalog folder and started Luminar 3 again. After reloading the images they now appear very fast, also after restarting Luminar again.

Hope that Skylum is reading this thread to solve the "black thumbnail" problem.

Best regards
    Markus

Leila Evans

Hi everyone - Thanks for this solution. I forwarded it to our techs to check.

Bernd Iffland

Markus, i am Happy to hear that.
    I used Luminar a lot today, without a hitch

You are using Windows 8.1 so it is not a Windows 10 Probem in general.
    In case of colorprofiles i understood that one has to wait for a future Windows 10 Release?

I am curious what the techs find out....
    certainly there is a real solution.

geetings,
    Bernd

Rob Strower

It is not happening with WIN 10 1903 but everybody who has that bug should try to remove the color profiles.

Maybe there is something else going on with Luminar 3 reacting to some strange settings or GFX issues with WINDOWS.

All the best,

Robin

Please sign in to leave a comment.