ETA for next performance improvement release?

Comments

5 comments

Vance Zachary

Read it somewhere but late March to sometime in April.

Comment actions Permalink
    Leila Evans

@Bartosz Chromiński - Performance also depends on your hardware configuration. Have you checked our minimum system requirements? Here they are: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-5-tech-requirements 

Frank Wagner

Leila Evans:  it would be really nice if you could not just list the minimum system requirements but instead point out which components have the biggest influence on luminars  performance so that people can choose and plan accordingly and also identify their bottlenecks...

Bartosz Chromiński

I've checked minimal requirements and my PC is fine in that regard. I'm afraid there are some significant performance problems within the software, I'm not having these problems in any other editing tools (darktable, raw therapee, lightroom).

Anyway, I hope that Skylum will manage to fix it in reasonable amount of time, I'll wait with purchase for now.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Frank,

Some of the components that can have a big impact on Luminar's performance are:

• RAM - 8GB is the minimum necessary but I find 16+GB to make a big difference
    • Graphics Card
    • SSD (instead of traditional HDD)

I hope that helps!

Please sign in to leave a comment.