Background thumbnail generation

Comments

5 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Yves! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Please note that Luminar does automatically generate the thumbnails in the background. We will improve this process.
    Glad to hear that you have found a solution.
    Best regards,

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Ratts

@Anastasia,

Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps this process could be improved by displaying some sort of status bar or other progress indicator so that the user is more aware of the fact the process is going on, and how long it should take?

Thanks,

Steve

Anastasia Davis

@Steve You are right, a progress bar would be a great idea. Time of the process depends on the photos in catalog as well as the computer's configuration. Usually, it shouldn't take long.  

Yves Canty

Does background thumbnail creation work when the catalog and the pictures are on an external hard drive? Because what I observed in my library is that the thumbnails where generated as I scrolled through the images for the first time. If I just leave Luminar opened and wait, no thumbnails get generated. That’s with Luminar 3.0.2 3051 on Mac with pictures and catalog on an external HD connected to USB 3.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Yves,

Yes, thumbnail creation should be happening in the background with images on an external drive. If you're having trouble, please  contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we will investigate.

Please sign in to leave a comment.