What is AirMagic?

Pinned

Comments

10 comments

Colin Grant

Is this stuff taking focus away from Luminar? It seems insane that you continue to develop new products when Luminar does not work as it should!

Comment actions Permalink
    Sofiia Shovkun

Hi Colin! 

No worries, Luminar development team will continue to work on the software improvements. 

Moreover, you can read more about new update, Luminar 3.0.2. here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041588291-Luminar-3-0-2-Here-s-what-s-new-

Have a great day!

Colin Grant

Hi Sofiia, I already have Luminar 3.0.2 thanks and it is rubbish (sorry). That is why I am concerned. Staff should be used to make this thing work not create new stuff imo.

Richard Harrington

Hi Colin, there are multiple product teams and folks have their areas of specialty.  Please keep filing reports as you find them.  A new build is not too far away and the feedback is always helpful as we improve things.

William OReilly

Quiet frankly I think the fact that you have developed a new program speaks volumes about how you feel about your present customers. Why don't you just concentrate on getting one thing right first (L3) before going off on a tangent developing other Stuff!! Put the egos aside about what great programmers you might think you are and think about the business of keeping your customers happy and build on that. If one person has a negative experience you loose ten potential customers.

Colin Grant

Well said William. If there are spare resources then they should be used to get L3 where to is supposed to be.

Alan Jackson

What will be different in this that won't have the horrendous problems that Luminar has and was hyped to be the best thing since the wheel, and Aurora HDR 2019 useless and will not work at all in Windows, and the problem has been known for months with no forecast for a fix? Why should anyone pour more money in with a track record like this. Is there an actual Beta program that tests for these things, as I offered my services many years ago when the multi app suite was out and I found a 'few' flaws and offered suggestions, and I was told 'We will keep you in mind'.......

Colin Grant

Alan, I think it reasonable to conclude that Skylum's model is to pass an "in development" build out to its paying customers and have them do the testing. That way the cash flow is not interrupted by what could be a long beta period. I forget what they call that sort of development but there is a name for it, the idea being to launch a reasonably functional build and then continue development. The failure has been that the launch version has not been functional and the updates take far too long to arrive.  I just wish they would be open about their business model and show a bit more haste in putting things right. They appear to treat bug fixes as an update/upgrade rather than a fix...if you get my drift.

Alan Jackson

I know exactly what you mean, and it makes me hesitate as to whether I spend good money on any more of their products that are not fit for purpose. I do do some beta testing for other products and they do not release them until the are fit for purpose, and any bugs are cleared bit by bit until it does what is said on the tin. Who in their right minds would buy a car that was 'in development' and full of bugs in the hope that customers would test it out for them. I have Aurora for Windows that after a Microsoft update it will not boot up, not Skylums fault, but it has been about 6 weeks now since they were made aware of it, and, it is the only app that has been affected this way so I wonder what is different in Aurora that it affected that alone?

Tom Gilmore

I have been using L3 since it was a free update and was glad to see AirMagic as a separate app. I do a lot of drone captures and thought I would get the app to see if it was that much better on doing post processing on my drone photos vs Luminar 3 with the aerial look options. So far I can say it seems to have some features that start out to be valuable to me and hope that it will be further updated as time goes on. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.