OK - and now another crash and I'm fighting - yet again - to get L3 to start. REFUND REQUEST IN LAST POST

Comments

5 comments

Tony Collins

14 minutes more and seems to be stuck at 90%

Comment actions Permalink
    Tony Collins

And 6 minutes later it just crashes. Now what?

Tony Aurelio

Tony Collins : Have similar problem like you do however I found what's causing the crushing problem, I fixed this crushing problem by uninstalling both my Luminar 3 and Luminar 18  using the AppCleaner .( Note there's 3 version for this App. Version 3.5 for MacOs High Sierra and Mojave, version 3.4 for MacOs 10.10 to 10.12 and version 2.3 for MacOs 10.6 to 10.9. Download the right one for your MacOs)

After uninstalling, I re-started my Mac, then downloaded Luminar 3, then Reinstalled . I restarted Luminar 3 and it was installed in  1 min 9 seconds and I have 85,849 photos in my catalog. Its very comparable with Lightroom 5 now takes 45 seconds for LR to launch. Tried to exit several times now , edit and no more crushing for me. Its works for me you might want to try. If you do remove your L3 and L18 and you have Looks or presets done by you, make sure to save them because they will be gone. Good luck.

Tony Collins

OK - so far.

I did a load of editing. Left luminar open for some hours. When I came back, it had crashed, and taken the catalogue with it.

I've tried going to an earlier version using the option key while opening. The problem with that is:
    1 - I lose a lot of work (again)

2 - It is not stable (it just crashed again after about 3 minutes when I told it to order the gallery by capture time)

3 - Now I'm going to try restoring the catalogue from time machine assuming I have one for the period before it crashed the first time.

EDIT - been trying for an hour now to find a catalogue that works. I've got one that seemed mainly OK, except when I selected favourites - it crashed, and now luminar won't open at all. Even when I restore that catalogue from backup again.

I've invested way to much time in this now in the last week. I've lost a set of edits, redone them yesterday, and now they've effectively gone again. Not to mention the countless hours spent trying to get work back when it's crashed. I've waited patiently a year for DAM. I've patiently battled on through the instability of 3.00 and 3.01, but now 3.02 has defeated my patience: I'm giving up on luminar.

Please let me know how I go about getting a refund?

(Bearing in mind I purchased Nov 2017 on the promise of a DAM. I've not used the software (except to try it out) before 3.0 and since than have been plagued with instability - and now multiple instances of significant lost work. The software is simply not fit for purpose.)

I'll consider purchasing again if and when the consensus is that a future release is stable. In the meantime I'm going back to lightroom 6. 

Anastasia Davis

Hi Tony! I have replied to you via email.

Please sign in to leave a comment.