Suggestion for high speed improvement

Comments

7 comments

Steve Ratts

I would like to second and third this if I may!

Consider the use case of a photographer shooting HDR. I might want to put all my bracketed RAW shots in a subfolder, that of course I can dive into if I want to work on those, then have just the fewer merged shots in the parent directory where I can use Luminar for some final processing if I like. I'm sure there are lots of other similar use cases where a photographer would want to organize their work this way, and I really think this request is entirely consistent with the overarching Luminar philosophy of making like (and workflow) easier for it's users. This will really help de-clutter things for folks, to say nothing of helping to speed things up!

Steve

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Erwin,

No guarantees on seeing it in 3.0.3, but I'll share the suggestion with our developers.

Erwin Kargl

Hi, any news on this "Luminar 3 NEEDS a switch for showing images in subfolders “YES/NO” and L3 should remember this setting "

Thanks Erwin

Helena Carter

Erwin ,

There's no ETA yet, but we will keep you posted.

Erwin Kargl

Hi, with 3.1 and RAW/JPG view for me not working, please bring this "switch for showing images in subfolders “YES/NO” to live.

Erwin

Anna Veres

Hi Erwin, 

I will forward your comments to our technical department for their consideration.

Regarding RAW/JPG view, could you please specify if you use camera settings RAW + JPEG while taking the photos(with these settings your camera takes automatically 2 shots: RAW +JPEG), see the screenshot: http://prntscr.com/nh9d7g

Erwin Kargl

Hi Anna, thanks. Would be really great to have this simple trick to speed up L3 and to get a much better overview in the filebrowser.

RAW/JPG: I shoot RAW/RAW, exporting the images in L3 as JPG in a subfolder should give the same behavior for RAW/JPG view.

Thanks

Erwin

Please sign in to leave a comment.