Aurora adjustable gradient hardly usable

Comments

7 comments

Helena Carter

Hello Laurent,

I've tried this on my end and I was able to adjust the horizontal shift any way I like. Could you please send us the screen recording to support@skylum.com ? Maybe I'm missing something.

You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the screen recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the email.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Laurent Fabry

Hi Helena, thanks for your quick answer

After looking into it more deeply, i found out i can do what i need in the end

But the handling of the shift is very weird : for instance, it doesn't move at all so long as we don't move the rotation cursor !

Regards

Laurent Fabry

it's also pretty unconvenient that we have to lower fusion cursor to 0 in order to actually see where the skyline sits so we can view where it goes when playing with the other 2 cursors...

Vance Zachary

I think what Laurent is saying is that we Windows Aurora HDR users would love to have a visible gradient to work with and move around for precision work like the one Mac users have and the one that was just added to the Windows version of Luminar 3.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Laurent and Vance,

We are aware of the issue and will work to improve this functionality in future updates.

Barry Levine

As a suggestion: The "edge burn" functionality in Silver Efex (UI-wise) is almost perfect. Click the little button for the desired edge, modify strength & size, repeat for the other edges.

Scott Moore

I have to say that in the Windows version the horizontal shift feature is pretty much worthless, and this is one of the reasons I bought the software in the first place and why I upgraded to 2019 from 2018 on June 1 2018. 

I have to move the rotation slider to get the horizontal shift to work at all, and the more the rotation is moved away from zero the greater the amount of horizontal shift, which of course is no longer horizontal.

So it's been 9 months, and there have been no updates - still on version 1.0.0.

Please sign in to leave a comment.