How do I change the "DARK" User Interface to "LIGHT" - Luminar on Mac

Comments

7 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi Ken, 

Right now, there is no option to change the dark UI to light. That being said, I’ll speak with our engineering team about this, and they’ll reach out if they have any other questions.

Currently, there is an option to change the background color only. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Ken Macleod

Thank you for the prompt reply Alina. It would be great if they put the option for a light user interface in the next update. The latest update has sped up loading my Library but as mentioned have not actually used it as I find the white text on black so troubling.

Ken Macleod

Alina

I am attaching a screenshot which might be useful when you speak to the engineering team.

I have changed the Mac theme to dark for comparison.

You will see that the menu on the top bar is around the same quality as the Apple one whereas the writing in the window of the library is blurred and indistinct while MS Word remains clear.

I find Apple's Dark theme bad enough but the Luminar 3 one is a bit worse again. Not sure why but you can see what I mean hopefully. 

EDITED TO ADD - I can see its all blurred when I uploaded it - I reduced the size of it drastically . I will try another screenshot and upload again

EDIT 2 another screenshot 

Where you can see the difference between the Luminar 3 Text and the MS Word text - the Luminar text is indistinct.

Alan Warwick

Did they ignore this request?  It's been 6 months and I hate the white on black.....

Helena Carter

Hi Alan,

We're constantly working on making Luminar 3 better, including UI. I'll pass your feedback to the person in charge so they might consider it for the future. As for now, there's no ETA yet for these improvements. Stay tuned!

Sam C

Just started using Luminar and my eyes are watering trying to read the text.... I know I'm old (60) but really, in this day and age surely being able to change the "skin" is 101 for software.  Even Windows 3.1 allowed us to do that.  Almost a show stopper for me.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Sam! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I will pass your comments also to a person in charge. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.