3.0.2 Upgrade First Impressions

Comments

6 comments

Alina Skylum

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback on the update. I'm glad to hear that it has provided some improvements for you.

The update shouldn't have interfered with your ratings, but I will check with our team and see if there are any known issues.

Comment actions Permalink
    Bruce Tracy

@Alina The update completely removed all my ratings and edits and zeroed out the image counts on all image folders on the second launch of Luminar. Could not get anything back. Exit and relaunch Luminar and it rebuilt my catalog restoring all image counts on the image folders, but the ratings and edits are gone. While I did notice some improvements in speed and user experience, the fact that I lost my entire catalog is a huge problem. I'm not the only one with this issue.

I have restored back to previous version for now.

Anastasia Davis

@Bruce Thanks for your quick feedback. We need more info to investigate the issue.

Please send us your catalog:

1. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    2. Right-click the Luminar Catalog folder > click Compress and wait for the process to finish.
    3. Send us the .zip file you created in Step 2. We recommend a free service WeTransfer for that.

If you can recall, it would help us a lot if you could tell us which folders were added to your Luminar Catalog and where they were located: on an internal or external drive. You can make a screenshot of the filesystem, for example.
    Send us all the info to support@skylum.com

Bruce Tracy

@Nastia Do you want a copy of the catalog before updating, after updating, or both?

To see the steps I've gone through, see my latest post in this thread: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041590171-Updated-Luminar-to-version-3-0-2-and-lost-all-my-edits-and-ratings

Bruce Tracy

Sent copy of catalog as it stand prior to upgrade. Let me know if you need anything else. I would like to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bruce,

Thank you! One of our techs will be in touch via email as soon as possible.

Please sign in to leave a comment.