Change Workspace and Filters will be reset

Comments

7 comments

Vance Zachary

Yes, Timo. If you make changes to the work space after you make changes in the original workspace. Your changes will be reset.

To save the changes of the previous workspace when going to a new workspace, you merely have to add an new adjustment layer and then you can use a new workspace while preserving your previous changes. I hope this helps.

Comment actions Permalink
    Timo Schwaar

really?? This is not a good way of working. I expect a hint if my previous work will be deleted!

Thanks, it helps, but this program is not intuitiv

Angela Andrieux

Hi Timo,

I agree that a warning that previous edits will be overwritten would be useful. I'll share this suggestion with our developers.

Jason Zimmerman

I just emailed Skylum on this suggestion, agreeing with Timo. Adjustments made with one filter should stick when moving to another filter.  And going into history to select that last adjustment just puts me back into the filter I was using to make it.  Having to create an adjustment layer before moving to another filter is a step that shouldn't be necessary.

Rodney Brown

I just came across this, is there any resolution or will this be the way it works?  Jumping between workspaces seems to be a reasonable thing to do without having everything reset.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rodney,

This behavior has not changed. My best suggestions is that if you want to add an additional workspace while leaving previous edits intact, to first add a new layer before adding the new workspace.

If you happen to forget and accidentally add the new workspace and overwrite your original edits you can always step back using  the History panel.

Rodney Brown

Thanks Angela,

Rod

Please sign in to leave a comment.