Luminar 3.0.2 is here

Comments

42 comments

Stéphane Réthoré

Like Dave Halls but I've paid for That :

I'm experiencing the same issues as before:   black thumbnails in quick edit mode and inability to edit more than one photo before the entire app just freezes up.  It is completely unusable.

Comment actions Permalink
    Javed Jeetoo

Hello Skylum Team.

Did a quick test of the new version and I must say that, so far,  this release has addressed the issues i faced in 3.0.1.

Well done to the team !

Christopher Barkey

Well, after the update everything worked fine for me, but when I started my PC and Luminar today, I ran into a database error. First time ever. Completed the steps that should have made Luminar work again, but nope …

Now I find myself having it uninstalled and tried to install a fresh one: Percentage goes over 130 % and the setup quits with "something isn't working". However I can start Luminar now. But: I can't export images. It gets stuck in an endless loop! oO

So the 3.0.2 made it way better, just to smack me down the next day when it is worse than 3.0.1! :D

Skylum? Help! :D

dgh

Beside all the problems with this new version....why is there still no raw support for the Canon EOS R?

The CR3 raw files are used by Canon since quite some time and i have no clue why you did not also include them. Even the new Nikon Zx cameras are already supported...or the Sony etc.

Est
    Hello,
    Ditto for me, the same thumbnail issues that do not appear (it's good for a software supposed to handle photos ...), the colors of my RAW files (RAF XT-2 FUJI) change in 2 or 5 seconds and become dull. Still and always problems of slowness, really disappointed by this software.

Jeffrey Guerdat

Not sure what you're trying to say. I'm 69 and have gotten mine to work by removing the catalog folder and twiddling on my NAS so it's easier to look for only images rather than scanning other folders. It would be nice to have an "exclude" function rather than to have to "include" but a bit of thinking and organization works wonders.

Now to see if it works the way I want. No black thumbnails but I have to check out speed of response.

Jeffrey Guerdat

I removed the catalog file to get my library to build in the first place. Since it turns out that I was trying to scan many other folders than just images, that was a good first step - get rid of my mistake. WHether that's needed by anyone else is unknown to me.

The software is slower than useful in many instances but that may or may not be due to the nearly 90k images in the catalog as well as access to the NAS rather than a local drive. Time will tell as I play more.

In any event, it's hardly a young man's game.

Scott Baker

One issue I found that carries over from the last release:

Editing an image in Quick Edit with more than one image in the filmstrip.

Zoom in then use the space bar to drag to a new position.

Release space bar and I am kicked out of the edit mode and all of the images in the filmstrip appear in the edit panel.

Other than that (so far) there seems to be a big improvement

Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I&-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

32 GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

512 GB SSD Hard drive

As an aside, in my professional career I use CAD software that has been giving everyone of us that use it fits since we went to Windows 10 last year. (The software worked well in Win 7). We finally will have our head of IT and reps from the software company to pay us a visit to see first hand what the problems are. I work for a company with facilities worldwide and in total we have approximately 700 sets of said software.

I’ve heard of others with different CAD software experiencing similar issues.

So, it seems it’s not just Skylum that is having issues.

And ON1 2019 had issues that took an update to fix also.

Maryna Skylum

@Fernando

I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Here's the link:
    https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/win/Win_Luminar_3_Release_1610.msi 

If that doesn't work, please contact us at support@skylum.com.

Rodrigo Guerreiro

Hi Alina,

Thank you for the hard work. I can imagine the stressed hours. I must say that the performace has vastly improved. Well done.

But I would like to take this moment to ask when we'll have full parity with the Mac version. Because the roadmap does not mention the handoffs, the db management automation and the improvements on sRGB color management that seems to already exist on the Mac version (or any other that I missed and it already exists on the Mac).

Please do keep the Windows users happy by giving them exactly the same that Mac users have. This means that you will need to release a Windows version with only the features that are missing. I'm sure that the Mac users won't be disappointed by that.

Do keep pushing Luminar into the future. Looking forward to see what you will do.

Jane Gimpelj

Wow!  Big improvement for me.  I worked on Luminar 3 last night and had all the issues others had, lost my edits, slow to edit etc.  This morning I thought I would try Luminar again and decided to check for updates, and there was one.  After updating, I noticed a huge improvement.  My edits were kept and it was faster to edit.  I recently upgraded my computer and thought that I should not have any problem running Luminar 3; so, when I had those problems last night, I was kind of p@ssed off.  Now I am happy and will need to go through the tutorials to figure out how to use the catalogs etc.  Thanks for the update.  Now to find a thread for requesting items.

Neil Dedman

Is there a downloadable pdf user manual file?

I had Luminar 3 yesterday but alas not today.  The update froze twice and now Luminar 3 won't open.  Do  I reinstall?   Will I lose my library/file structure? (Windows 10)

Jeffrey Guerdat

I had an issue previously with trying to add a folder in the Windows version where it didn't add all folders and the display for the library was all black thumbnails with an exclamation mark in the corner. I updated, removed the folder and re-added. It's a NAS (Netgear ReadyNAS 314 which gives me 100MBps transfers) with ~2TB of images and videos. It took 7-8 hours to get to 74% at which point data transfer stopped. Luminar 3 is now using one CPU core for about another 8 hours and it's still at 74%. I ass-u-me it's doing something with the data but that's not clear.

ANy thoughts?

Christopher Erdal

I have the same issues as  Dave Halls and Stéphane Réthoré, and I too have a paid-up version. 

I really enjoyed using Luminar3 for several hundred photos until mid-January, then it switched to being unusable with exactly the same symptoms as Dave Halls describes, although I'm using a folder with 1000-ish jpegs in it rather that Quick-Edits. Version 3.0.1 crashed from time to time instead of freezing, but so far 3.0.2 doesn't and can still return to the Library view, but impossible to edit a second photo - the row of Looks along the bottom still shows thumbnails of the previous one. 

I am happy with the response of Skylum support who are doing their best to help, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though I have a deadline of March 31st for the next 500 or so photos to be prepared for a new album,,,

Purusartha dasa

I'm still having the same problem as Stephane stated above. My thumbnails might show up upon app startup, then disappear when changing folders or navigating anywhere in the app. Pretty useless. 

Les Cornwell

I'm noticing some definite improvements in loading speed. Previously it was taking about 90 secs until the catalogue loaded; now it appears to take around 35 seconds until I see the thumbnails so that's good. However if i click on an image to open it, it takes about 10-12 seconds to open. This is only for the first image though as after that's loaded, subsequent images open very speedily.

So certainly a step in the right direction but still lagging way behind Lightroom - which opens catalogue and allows me to open an image all within 15-17 seconds.

Same size catalogue for Luminar & LR - around 96,000 images.

I have an I7 6 core processor, 64GB RAM, GTx980  6GB graphics card & programs on a Samsung M2 SSD so my system is not an issue.

Greg Wallis

The new update appears to solve the previous problems. I can now move between images and edit them without the edit panel blanking out. Also, the sky enhancer note no longer causes any issues. So hopefully we're on track to make Luminar great again.

yves bonnemaison

Hello
    I just installed 3.0.2, a clear improvement over 3.0.1.
    some problems of slowness persists at the opening of the first image, then it is ok for the others.
    you are on the right track, L3 is now usable despite some small delays that are not penalizing.
    if you continue in this way I think that the next update will solve these small problems.
    Thank you for this release.
    do not let anything go, L3 is destined to become big.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Est,

Please send us the image files. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it to us at support@skylum.com.

Could you please let us know what is your hardware configuration? 

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export and send it to us as well.

Also, please, sent us the link to this thread.

Wulff Martin

Hallo Skylum Team,
    Ich brauche ihre Hilfe.
    Nach dem neuen Update Luminar 3 habe ich gemerkt, dass die Leistung deutlich besser geworden ist.
    Aber ich habe folgendes Problem!
    Nachdem ich ein Foto bearbeitet habe, gehe ich zurück in die Bibliothek.
    2. Nach einem Neustart von L3 ist das bearbeitete Foto in der Bibliothek zu sehen, siehe Bild zum Beispiel.
    3. Außerdem stürzte die Software zweimal ab.
    Im Anhang befinden sich 2 Bilder, die die Situation zeigen, und eine Textdatei über mein System.
    Ich habe viele Bildbearbeitungsprogramme getestet, zum Beispiel ACDSee, ON1, DoX, Darktisch, Lightroom, Photoshop und so weiter.
    Alle Software läuft perfekt bei mir.
    Ich habe nach der anweisung hier im Forum deinstalliert, CCleaner installiert und ausgeführt, L3 neuinstalliert, und so weiter.
    Ergebnis es hat sich nichts geändert.
    Ich habe Ihnen 2 Screenshots und meine Daten vom Rechner an den Support Skylum gesendet.

Was ist die Ursache dafür, warum  Luminar 3 es bei mir nicht läuft?
    Bitte helfen Sie mir, denn ich bin absolut begeistert von L3.

Gruß Martin

Jane Gimpelj

Oh, ON1 2019 still has a problem on my computer.  I wouldn't want false info out there.   I have a new computer and cannot edit with ON1 and I even sent them my log file and they could not see anything wrong.  I went with AMD this time.  I hope software companies are not gearing their programming for Intel and not AMD!  I can at least edit with Luminar after their update; but, there still needs some features.  I don't think it is ready for me to give up Lightroom yet. 

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 8 Core, 16 Threads, 3.7 GHz

32 GB RAM (DDR4)

nVidia RTX 2060 GDDR6

1 TB M.2 SSD

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

David Jones

Luminar 3 won't open since the latest update. I get the Loading picture ( Lady & Camel) with loading circle, then after aprox 20 seconds, it just closes. I've restarted the laptop, as well as shut down & restarted. I have also closed all other programs and nothing changes . 

Any ideas greatly appreciated. 

Windows 10

Helena Carter

Hi Wulff,

I see that you have already contacted our Support Team, thank you for sending the detailed description of the issue. They will get back to you as soon as possible, sorry for making you wait.

Please, note that typically we reply within 24 hours, but now, after the update, the workload is really huge and it might take us a bit longer. But we will absolutely make sure to reply each and every request. We really hope for your patience on this matter.

Hi Dave and Everyone,

We're really sorry about your experience. Currently, we're collecting the feedback on the problems our customers might have faced, so please, get in touch with Support so we can troubleshoot these issues and report to technical department if needed. 

Best regards

Kian J

I tried Luminar 3 on both of my Windows 10 computers, to have the same issue, it'll crash the first time I open a dng file, and the next time I open Luminar it will not show an image at all, the right side bar shows histogram for the image but I can't do anything with the app. This doesn't happen to 2018 version but I just bought the V3 and my license doesn't cover the 2018 version.

I'm expecting a refund.

Exactly the same as described in this thread https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041628091-LUMINAR-APP-IS-DEAD-AFTER-UPDATE-

Helena Carter

Hi Kean, 

Our Support Team will be looking forward to hearing from you regarding the issues you are facing and the following info:

Please send us your catalog:

1. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    2. Create a .zip file out of the Luminar Catalog folder. Click here if you need help with that.
    3. Send us the .zip file you created in Step 2. We recommend a free service WeTransfer for that.

If you can recall, it would help us a lot if you could tell us which folders were added to your Luminar Catalog and where they were located: on an internal or external drive. You can make a screenshot of the filesystem, for example.

If your copy of Luminar is crashing, please send us event logs. Also, please briefly describe what precedes the crashes.

1. Cause the crash.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to this email.

We'll need the following information for troubleshooting:

1. Download this application: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pf15jdigd0mgt4/ViewHID.exe.zip?dl=0 
    2. Launch it.
    3. Copy the HID1 and HID2 codes from the application's window and send them to us.

Hi Stéphane,

Great to hear that the issues was resolved. Thanks for letting us know and have a good day!

Stéphane Réthoré

Je précise, en version d'évaluation, la vignette reste visible mais n'est pas mise à jour. Et quand on relance le logiciel en restant en mode evaluation, la vignette de l'image modifiée est noire. Donc ça ne fonctionne pas !!!

I specify, in evaluation version, the vignette remains visible but is not updated. And when you restart the software while remaining in evaluation mode, the thumbnail of the modified image is black. So it does not work !!!
    Hirsch Lothar

Luminar 3 still not working under windows 10 (installed on newest hardware).

Despite of newest release the issues are ongoing. Skylum starts quite quick. Editing one photo is working well. But after, no further photos can be edited because of the"edit" function getting inactive after switch to the next image. The edited image is displayed only in black on the filmstrip, library, and edit modes. After restart of the app I can edit once again only one photo. The already edited images of last sessions are still left black.

The app installed on another PC shows exactly the same issues. Several new installations didn' help.

Is there any possibility that the issues still can be solved ?

Gerd W.

Same Issue here:

Cannot even export a photo due to crashing of the program, although i have tried the above mentioned with uninstalling and setting-up a new catalogue.

This is out of the question a no-go update of luminar 3.

Please fix this as fast a possible. Until then I'll have payed for an app i cannot even use.

Best 

Gerd

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Stéphane Réthoré, Gerd W., Hirsch Lothar,

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could investigate the issue in a more scrupulous way. 

Ralph Quick

Is anyone here using the histogram notice the white (red)  and black (blue) peaking colors are not responding in the image? I selected the triangles to adjust any peaking situations with highlights and shadows but nothing is showing.

Please sign in to leave a comment.