Luminar 3.0.2 is here

Comments

42 comments

Scott Baker

Ralph Quick: It works for me (Windows 10)

Comment actions Permalink
    Fernando Martins

Hi

Where i can get the luminar 3.3.0.2 msi. i can't install via update always get an error. I know it's a problemof my OS. i can't find why.

Fernando Martins

Anyone???? Luminar 3.3.0.2 Msi ????

Fernando Martins

No one?

well if skylum can't solve my problem, how i can get a refund?

Alex Young

Fernando:

Greetings,

This was posted in another thread somewhere within the Luminar for Windows posts. It contains the URL to the msi of the latest version of Luminar3 (3.0.2.2186)

You can either type the URL into your browser, or search for the post from Anna Veres

Cheers,

Alex

Christophe Kajzar

Wow great performance, Luminar doesn't need more 25 minutes to start but only 10 minutes, that is performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkC32ARSBh8&t=760s

Kirk Osborn

We're aware of the performance issues, and we're truly sorry if you encountered them.

We will release an update meant to target these issues in the late spring.

Please try creating a new Luminar Catalog:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Catalog folder. Choose any name you like.

Note that the albums you created in Luminar and edits you made will not be accessible in Luminar after you've renamed the catalog folder. They will still be saved on your hard drive should you need to access them in the future. Your photos on disk won't be affected in any way.

After that, you should be able to create a new catalog. 

Please load your photos in parts so Luminar won't freeze. Don't add the whole drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Miguel Osvaldo

Still unacceptably slow. Still unusable. 

michael durkin

Don't even think of using the 'Dam' nonsense, it won't work/never will work.

If you've downloaded this latest - don't worry folks 'WEVE GOT IT ALL FIXED!' 

Please; simply make sure to delete that impertinent folder that they saw fit to place on your ‘Pictures’ File and proceed – but very carefully.  Rather as though you’re dismantling a terrorist bomb.

You know, this really is a young man’s sort of thing..

Click on ‘Quick Edit’. Open up a snap and see how you get on.. – Then of course, please report back to those of us too timid to even have trusted to go that far.

We hope and pray; for not only your safety/sanity but that also you return with cheering news!

Go to it you young’uns!

michael durkin

Jeffrey; may I quote you to prove my reservations?

'I'm 69 and have gotten mine to work by removing the catalog folder...'

My reply/point: 'I brought a new car last week. The engine is rubbish but boy! All you have to do to get round this is to take that crap engine out, tow it up to the top of that hill right outside my town, take the handbrake off and  Whee!' You wanna see that bad ass baby go!'

Er, Jeffrey, what about those that live where it's all flat for miles around...?

Christopher Barkey

Just download it from your accounts "My Software" page!? And you are asking for how to get a refund. Seriously? Get in touch with support, it is that easy! ;-)

https://skylum.com/de/account/my-software

Anastasia Davis

Guys, it would have been really easier for us and more efficient for each of you if you use our contact form and reach our Customer Support: https://skylum.com/support 
    We need to look into each case individually and get the required info according to the given issue.
    @Rodrigo We are working on the parity and doing our best. We just cant do it all at once.
    @Dave If the issue with the black thumbnails remained, please reach our Customer support and we will look in your case more thoroughly. It is essential so we resolve the issue. Your cooperation would be really helpful.
    @Neil You can find a PDF User Guide here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fhnni2xdvlthda/Luminar%20User%20Guide_1.pdf?dl=0 
    Yes, please, reinstall Luminar.

Uninstall Luminar.

How to uninstall an app on Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028054/windows-10-repair-or-remove-programs

Clear your registry:

• Visit https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?pc
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the table and click Download from CCleaner.com in the first column.
    • Once the download has finished, launch the file and install CCleaner on your computer.
    • Launch CCleaner.
    • Click Registry on the left.
    • Click Scan for Issues in the lower left. Wait for the scan to finish.
    • After the scan has finished, click Fix Selected Issues in the lower right.
    • Close CCleaner.

Reboot your PC.

Download the latest version of Luminar from here:

https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/win/Luminar3_Installer.exe

Once the installer has finished downloading, locate it in your Downloads folder (or wherever you chose to save it), right-click the file, and click Run As Administrator. A prompt may appear asking you whether you wish to confirm your action, click Yes and wait for the installer to load. Then, follow the instructions on the screen.

As for other guys, who are experiencing Black thumbnails issues, please reach our support as well. 

@Cristopher 

Could you please let us know the following: did you already have a Luminar Catalog in place before this error occurred? If yes, where is your catalog located? If you don't remember manually specifying a custom location for the catalog, most likely, it's in the default location but we're just making sure.

Next, try the following steps to get Luminar up and running:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar Catalog folder. Choose any name you like. Don't remove this folder.
    4. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    5. Type %appdata%\Luminar 3 in the dialog box that opens and press Enter on your keyboard.
    6. In the folder that opens, locate the file named StateSettings.xml and send it to us.
    7. Next, remove Luminar 3 folder you opened in Step 5. Please note that this will remove your user looks and workspaces, so back up the folder into the safe location before removing it if necessary. You can then put your looks and workspaces back later.
    8. Start Luminar. It will ask you to complete the initial setup. While performing the setup, leave the location of the catalog at the default.
    9. When Luminar has loaded, click File > Catalog > Open > navigate inside the folder you renamed in Step 3 > double-click Luminar Catalog.catalog file. Your previous catalog should load.

Please sign in to leave a comment.