Marketing emails

Comments

16 comments

L

I absolutely agree!

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Bob! I am truly sorry for the inconveniences. It seems you purchased Luminar with one email and activated it with another so you still have our sales emails. 
    We are working on the product so to fix all the known issues. We are doing our best.

Bob Bruce

Hi - I know you are working hard on resolving these issues and I like many others are trying to be loyal.

I think my main point is that you are offering the product with an even bigger discount to unsuspecting customers. Why would you increase the number of disaffected customers at this point, for the sake of a few weeks needed to sort the issues? Your development team must be in despair with the marketing team.

It will not help you to be seen as the go to application for photographers.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Wolfgang Jarcik

I agree with that

David Jenkins

I have to agree this is very insulting to keep getting these promotional emails.

I've stopped using Luminar 3 until they get their act together. In the meantime I've downloaded a 30 day trial of On1 2019 and, if initial impression hold up, it may take some real persuasion to go back to Luminar. I've always preferred the browser approach to DAM rather than catalogues and this latest On1 handles this well.

Colin Grant

Yes I have received those emails too. Discounting L3 below what the original's paid is bad enough (downright insulting actually). However, continuing to sell software that is known not to be fit for purpose as though it is is surely well beyond the bounds of what is right and proper? It is about time Skylum took an honest and open approach but I truly believe that is beyond them. Maybe it is time to ask questions of the appropriate authorities. People have a vested interest in Skylum getting it right yet on the face of it the company looks set to fail.

Agree re ON1 @David. Am now using it on what were my Luminar test files. It is light years ahead in all respects imho.

Anna V

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry to hear that.

Could you please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support  so we could double check your emails and fix the issue? 

Your cooperation is highly appreciated. 

Colin Grant

@Anna, with respect I think Skylum must live in a different universe with a different language! It is not the fact that we received the emails it is that Skylum has the audacity to continue to sell something that does not work and has even gone so far as to offer it at a discount to the price paid by your existing customers/guinea pigs. Your organisation really is beyond belief. Your CEO must either be totally inept or................

Bob Bruce

I feel truly sorry for customer service and support staff who are being left to counter the growing crisis of confidence in Skylum. It really is time for senior leadership staff to step up to the plate and take control. It would be good to hear from them.

Customers are not going to make the switch to Luminar on functionality alone. The integrity of the organisation behind it is equally important. 

L

I would say, it is a slap in the face of all the customers here. Skylym says, THEY found some issues... aha? I have no knowledge, if this is true or not, but in my opinion, it is the customers writing here found all the issues. If the community of customers wouldn't be as it is, Skylum still stuck with all the faults, because they didn't find the issues. The people here are helping each other with tips and tricks. And so they are helping Skylum. I trust the people writing here much more, than I trust the Skylumteam.

Maybe, Skylum needs the money and I should buy a second version of L3 at a discount price. ;-)

George Knochel

David and Colin,

I would be wary using ON1 simply because there is no backup and restore feature yet, in case your hard drive crashes beyond repair, or you want to move your ON1 system to another computer.  The edits, Albums, and all else are kept both in the ON1 Database, which is spread over many hidden folders and sub-folders, in the Catalog if you have cataloged folders, which is also not able to be backed up, and also in .xmp files if you checked that option in specifications.

During the past 5 years, I've had disk failures twice on a Windows 10 PC, both unrecoverable, and one failure on an iMac, which was recoverable due to the Lightroom Catalog being backed up on an external drive.

As a result, I will not seriously use or rely on  ON1 anymore, (nor Luminar), until both are much more stable.

Colin Grant

I use Mac time machine to back up my system and all data. I also use disc cloning. However for all that my main dam remains Lr, George.

George Knochel

Hi Colin, yeah I also do the same:  Time Machine backup, and Carbon Copy Cloner.

But it seems to me to be "basic" for a Photo/Video DAM software, which claims to be a replacement for Lightroom, etc., to have a Backup and Restore feature.  Lightroom has it.  Capture One has it.   And many ON1 customers think the same (in their ON1 forums).  

Colin Grant

It would be nice but does not worry me unduly. I do not use the catalogue extensively and I have all my raw files and sidecar files backed up. If push came to shove I could recreate the catalogue. Personally I do not see ON1 as a Lr replacement it is just a pretty good alternative. Nothing is going to get close to Lr for years - if ever - imo :-)

Kim Austin

@Colin -- I am also using ON1 -- bought it over the weekend at a great price and extremely happy with it.  It works, doesn't freeze etc etc.  I'd still like Luminar to work as was promised, but I needed to get going with my processing.

Colin Grant

Good news @Kim. You will find ON1 has much more functionality than L3.

Please sign in to leave a comment.