Crop Tool in 3.0.2 still messed up

Comments

10 comments

Tony Aurelio

Glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kirk Osborn

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please send us a screen recording of the issue.

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and send it to support@skylum.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ronald Skinner

You don’t understand, it’s very intermittent I can edit 100 photos and never see it. Others have reported the same issue. You go to crop a photo, set the crop, hit the Done button and the button disappears but  the crop isn’t applied and you aren’t returned to the main editing screen. You have to close Luminar and reopen and then magically the crop is applied. Other users have reported the same problem, I suggest one of your in house testers repeatedly use the crop tool until the bug shows up, like I said it’s very intermittent.

David Tillett

As the crop is there after a reload it sounds like some form of timing issue that causes the signal that the crop has been recorded not to be acted on to return to the main editing screen. So your suggestion of Skylum finding a way to repeat crops until they get a failure could be more useful than a screen recording.

Is there anything in the Luminar log for the failed session? That might be worth sending to Skylum.

Kirk Osborn

Have you tried reinstalling Luminar? What OS do you use?

Tony Aurelio

I had a similar problem like yours before but was able to find the root cause and was able to fixed the problem. I had Luminar 18 and Luminar 3 installed to my Mac-Mini. I uninstalled both by using AppCleaner ( note: there's 3 version , for MacOs 10.6 to 10.9 use version 2.3, MacOs 10.10 to 10.12 use version 3.4, for MacOs High Sierra and Mojave use version 3.5) 

Uninstall both , (I'm assuming you also have Luminar 18 ) using the AppCleaner, then after uninstalling Restart your Mac/Computer download a fresh version of Luminar 3. After the download open the new Luminar 3 app and wait for at least couple of minutes cause it will ask you where your folders at for your Luminar Catalog. Just follow the 9 steps . It'll take couple of minutes , depends how many photos you have so be patient. Hope this will help you .

By the way , if you don't have a copy of AppCleaner , (it's free)Check one of my reported problem "Luminar 3 Crushed completely" and Kerill one of the Skylum Support group provided me info where to download the Free AppCleaner, and Luminar3Installer . 

Hope this will help you . Happy Editing

Ronald Skinner

The crop bug is very very intermittent, I not about to uninstall and reinstall anything and lumininar 2018 shouldn't have any effect on Luminar 3. Other people have reported the same bug. It's not repeatable. It happens on different images taken with different cameras. I'm using High Sierra. 99% of the time the crop tool works fine. In fact I thought the issue was fixed in the latest update because I edited hundreds of photos before it occurred. Once again here's how it happens

1. Hit the crop tool 

2. Set the crop on the image

3. Click "DONE"

Done button disappears, crop overlay stays on the image, its not cropped and does not return to the main editing screen. When you close Luminar 3 and reopen it and the photo now comes up cropped!.  This happens once in a blue moon and is very frustrating and as I said if you look through this message board others have experienced the same issue, so it's not related to my files or my computer or my OS, it's a very intermittent bug with the crop tool.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Ronald! Thanks for your feedback. As far as I can understand there is no particular sequence of steps that cause the issue. We were not able to reproduce the issue on our side. Thus, we missed something.
    If only you could reproduce it and make a screen recording. That would help us a lot.

Here's how to record your screen on Mac: https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the email to support@skylum.com

Ronald Skinner

I don't know what's more frustrating, the crop bug or dealing with Skylum support.  I can understand why you can't duplicate the problem as I've said it's very very very very intermittent. To suggest that I try and reproduce it and make a video is crazy, I can crop hundreds of photos before it happens, I would have to make a video every time I cropped a photo, that's an unreasonable request and I don't see how a video helps you any more than my detailed description. Obviously there is something happening with your code after the "Done" button is pressed it disappears and I'm left with the uncropped image on my screen,  it's not returning me to the main editor, if I close luminar and reopen my photo is then cropped the way I want it, so obviously it applied the crop, it's up to your support team to figure out why some of us are not being returned to the main screen after hitting the Done button. That's where I would look in your code, this never happened with 2018, I would compare the code and see what is different. I'm including a screen shot of the last time it happened as you can see the "DONE" button disappeared after I clicked it and then nothing happens I'm left with this image on the screen.  After restarting Luminar, the photo shows up cropped. I suggest you have a couple of testers get on a couple of iMacs and just try cropping photos all day till they see the issue, it may take a long time to occur because like I've stated many times it's very intermittent.  This is the best that I can do and this is my last post on this issue, hopefully you can find the problem.  

Paco Polo

I have had the same problem with the clipping tool. It is intermittent. I only noticed it after the last update.

Please sign in to leave a comment.