merging catalogue & moving folder to external HDD

Comments

9 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Reinhard,

Thank you for your feedback. I will share your suggestions with our developers.

Comment actions Permalink
    MCarmen Aguado

So, should as keep our photos in two different catalogs. That is, you cannot have your Luminar catalog in an external SSD and edit your photos in two different computers? for instance: in your tower computer at home and in your laptop when traveling?

thank you

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi MCarmen,

If you have your images on the external HD, you can move your Catalog to the external HD too and then you will be able to use one catalog for two computers.

This works only if you share one catalog between 2 MacOS or 2 WindowsOS computers. 

If we can further clarify please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support  and we'll be happy to help.

MCarmen Aguado

Very useful. Many thanks

This breaks down if you have a workstation which is your primary editing and storage location, and mobile devices where edits are done in the field. What we really need is a way to move a library into a master library. Basically, a merge, but I would settle with an import.

Reinhard Temmel

This is what we need: import (merge?) a single library into a master library (wherever this is stored); I know that I can move a catalogue with the folder of my photos, also to an external HDD, but that does not solve the problem! I fully agree with "Member" above

Guillaume Pg

Agree too!! I'm very surprised it's not possible yet to merge library. I have a laptop when shooting, and editing while traveling. And my main library is on my desktop at home.

When I come back home, I can't even merge...

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi, 

Thank you for your great suggestion.

We will forward it to the person in charge for further consideration. 

Erwin Kargl

I need/want this too ... a must have soon.

Please sign in to leave a comment.