We are working on the parity and doing our best. We just cant do it all at once.

Comments

12 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Frank,

Could you please describe the issues you're facing in a more detailed way?

Comment actions Permalink
    Frank-Rüdiger Begbie

Missing features:
    -Include Photoshop plugins
    -manual backup and automatic backup of the catalog
    Transfer of Exposure Series to Aurora 2019
    -Created in (call from for example Affinity Photo)
    -Import function of photos
    -Duplication of editing layers
    and what else I have not noticed yet is the MAC version.
    When can we expect Windows users with the 100% alignment of functionality as
    in the Mac version in their roadmap there is nothing apparend.
    As a win-user, I finally paid the same as the Mac user
    and therefore I expect the same scope of services.

Bert Friedrich

Hi, I fully concur with Frank, these features would be very welcome.

Vance Zachary

I think it is important that we Windows users stay on Skylum's back about the disparity to let them know that we are aware of and miss these features. They aren't on the roadmap anymore (features such as third party plug in support for things such as Nik Collection, Aurora HDR like they were promised at the end of 2017). So we have to let them know that we are still waiting for the things Frank mentioned.

We know you have your hands full with the Library functionality and that Rome wasn't built in a day. But hopefully we can expect 99% of what remains within a year before Luminar 4 is released. Fingers crossed

Vance Zachary

I would add to the list duplication and copying of layers

Jacques Demers

"We are working on the parity and doing our best." They keep repeating the same thing with Aurora.

Guy Meacham

Also for the list: The same ability to use plugins like the NIK collection. 

This has been promised as "just around the corner" since January 2018!!!

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Guy Meacham, Vance Zachary, Bert Friedrich, and Frank-Rüdiger Begbie

For now, the top priority for us is the performance of Luminar 3. As soon as we fix most of the performance issues, we will add new functionality to the Windows version as well as to MacOS one. 

@Jacques Demers,

Aurora HDR 2019 does have the support of third-party plug-ins on Windows as well as on MacOS. There have also been added a lot of other features to Aurora HDR 2019. 

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. 

Bert Friedrich

Thanks Anna. I appreciate Skylum’s ambition and drive. It might be wise however to use a more modest approach marketing wise, the lean and agile way of working is a dangerous one towards paying customers: When too many promises are not kept things can backfire. The roadmap on Skylum’s website is a good idea but the goals visible in that roadmap have been been changed / things have disappeared. That kind of defeats the purpose of a roadmap and triggers less favorable responses of customers, as I am sure you guys noticed ;-)

Frank-Rüdiger Begbie

@Anna

For now, the top priority for us is the performance of Luminar 3. As soon as we fix most of the performance issues, we will add new functionality to the Windows version as well as to MacOS one. 

We had been promised that in 2017 and almost nothing happened today

Aurora HDR 2019 does have the support of third-party plug-ins on Windows as well as on MacOS. There have also been added a lot of other features to Aurora HDR 2019. 

That may be synonymous I have not tested Luminar 3 but can not call because no Photoshop plugin is more like Luminar 2018

Jacques Demers

@Anna

Maybe we can use third-party plug-ins on Windows but I am sure that there is a lot of missing features in the Windows version. 

Vereslavska Anna Veres

@Bert, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have forwarded your comments to the person in charge for further consideration.

Please note that we are going to update the roadmap on the regular basis. 

We haven't changed our plans but have decided to publish only those features that we will be able to implement within the nearest future. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.