Missing file names with thumbnails

Comments

7 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently, we don't plan to add this functionality. Please, accept my apologies for the minor inconvenience. But you'll be able to work with Raw & JPG versions of the same image in a more convenient way. View as a single image, but switch between versions in real time. We'll add this in one of the future updates. Please, check our roadmap for more dates and features: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

You can also color tag photos, rate them and sort by file type for the better organization.

Best regards

Comment actions Permalink
    Dieter Eberle

Thanks for the quick answer, Helena.

Sorting by file type is no solution. For difficult images I often have more then 20 different tiff versions  which I cannot distinguish in a catalog that shows no file names. This is not a minor inconvenience but a serious lack of functionality in my opinion. When I have to use an external viewer with Luminar it cannot be my number one tool to develop and edit my images.

Kind regards, Dieter

Mick Tomlinson

Helena, I have to agree with Dieter. This is a really important feature.

A previous version of Luminar 3 did at least have the possibility of seeing the name of the selected image at the top of the library. It may have been a pre-production version, but it's shown here in this video with Jim Nix where he talks about "Show Tab Bar":

https://youtu.be/-C4c0EKVhfs

Surely the tab bar name could come back if it was once there?

Erwin Kargl

Agree too, this is an important function.

Erwin

Ed Mathis

I agree also!

Eric Walter

I also agree

Eric Walter

Matthias Allgayer

I also agree.

This would also be very helpful when I want hand over a series of bracketed pictures to Aurora. So I can easily and fast select the desired pictures.

Please sign in to leave a comment.